Hi all,

Been lurking here for awhile deciding whether or not to switch from WinMo to BB. Finally did (got a Tour) and and very impressed. I am on a corporate Exchange server (BES). I have a couple of requisite noob questions:

1. Browser - I keep reading about the multiple browsers on BB. Where do I find them? I have only a single icon for 'Browser' but if I dig around in the menus and options, I have settings for Internet Browser and BB Browser. I set the homepages to different places just to see what is what. How do i choose which browser to use?

2. I am connected to a corporate email (MS Exchange) account so I think that means I am on BES. I also set up my Gmail account (does this mean I am on BIS too?). Is there a way to separate the inboxes? Or do all emails always show up in the same place. I downloaded the Gmail application hoping that would help......
    10-25-09 09:23 AM
    Hi all,

Been lurking here for awhile deciding whether or not to switch from WinMo to BB. Finally did (got a Tour) and and very impressed. I am on a corporate Exchange server (BES). I have a couple of requisite noob questions:

1. Browser - I keep reading about the multiple browsers on BB. Where do I find them? I have only a single icon for 'Browser' but if I dig around in the menus and options, I have settings for Internet Browser and BB Browser. I set the homepages to different places just to see what is what. How do i choose which browser to use?

2. I am connected to a corporate email (MS Exchange) account so I think that means I am on BES. I also set up my Gmail account (does this mean I am on BIS too?). Is there a way to separate the inboxes? Or do all emails always show up in the same place. I downloaded the Gmail application hoping that would help......
    Don't know about the 2nd part, but as for the browser. I recommend the Bolt browser which is free, from boltbrowser.com. Good for viewing sites as you would see them on an actual PC. And its pretty fast.
    10-25-09 09:42 AM
    Do you not have an "inbox" for your gmail account? Like, one for "desktop" or whatever your corp acct is, and one for gmail, then one called "messages"?
    10-25-09 09:45 AM
    OK, think I found the answer to number 2. It seems that ALL emails show up in the Messages box, no way around that. Personal email account messages (ie Gmail) will show up in the Gmail box/icon as well.

So since I am on BES, that is the only place my corporate email will go. And the BB automatically puts all incoming emails from all accounts into this 'master' Messages bucket. Basically in order to read corporate email, I have to wade through personal email in the same place as my Gmail messages. Would be nice to be able to shut this 'feature' off.
    10-25-09 09:47 AM
    Do you not have an "inbox" for your gmail account? Like, one for "desktop" or whatever your corp acct is, and one for gmail, then one called "messages"?
    I do. But my new Gmail emails also show up under 'Messages' which is also where all my corporate stuff is. Doesn't seem to be a way around this - ie having completely separate icons/inboxes for corporate vs personal.
    10-25-09 09:49 AM
    You can.

Go into "messages". Options -> Main Message List Settings .. that's where you can select which mail account will feed into the "messages" bucket too.

I hope that's what you were looking for...
    10-25-09 09:50 AM
    Another good browser is Opera Mini. Opera Mini is the next generation mobile browser for any mobile phone.

Takes a few seconds to load, but once up and running it's way faster than BB's native browser.
    10-25-09 09:56 AM
    You can.

Go into "messages". Options -> Main Message List Settings .. that's where you can select which mail account will feed into the "messages" bucket too.

I hope that's what you were looking for...
    Sounds like what I want, however I don't have that under Options.....

ETA: well, I thought it was working the way I want, but no. Emails from my GMail acct still show under Messages. Is there a way to set an email account to not auto-check? ie make my gmail account require manual intervention to check it/download messages?
    Last edited by JonB74; 10-25-09 at 10:31 PM. Reason: Grrrr
    10-25-09 10:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD