Email has been working great on my Tour, until now.

I was alerted that a new email message arrived, but when I go to see it, "No Messages" is all I see.

I had deleted all my old emails an hour ago (using the method of clicking on the date and choosing "Delete Prior")... it doesn't make any sense, but could that have had anything to do with it? (I can't imagine how, but if so, why and how to fix?)

I still have the 1 new email icon, and when I scroll over the email box on my Home screen, it says "(1)" still. Just nothing inside.

Any ideas? Thanks!!
    09-29-09 03:11 AM
    Check the messages folder. It might be in there

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-29-09 06:39 AM
    I think it could be a couple things.
    1) It's showing you have an unread message because depending on your email account (gmail, yahoo, etc) the message is in one of those sub-mail folders that sometimes is hidden. Hit the Blackberry key on the screen you see all icons--select "show all" and see if one of those submail folders or mail clients if you will shows the message.

2) Sometimes the message app is buggy but this is pretty rare and even though you cleared the messages on the app, your bberry shows the mail envelop. I would suggest to do a battery pull and usually this fixes that problem.
    09-29-09 08:45 AM
    Thanks. Nothing is showing up in Messages either, even when new messages and calls come in. There's no "Show All" option currently -- already Showing All, I believe.

But I made a discovery -- so my question is a bit different now:

When I click on Messages or my Email, and hit the BB button, and choose "View Folder," I see TWO Inboxes. If I scroll up to the first one and open it, THERE'S all my new incoming email (and other alerts).

So... why do I have 2 Inboxes (both in Messages and Email), and why is the unused, empty one the default? How do I switch to the one that all my email and messages are actually going into? As soon as I go back to the Home screen, Messages and Email revert to the empty Inboxes and I have to go through this series of options again.

Thanks!
    09-29-09 01:07 PM
    I have 7 folders and the last one is the one with all the messages, first time i see so many. Regardless of that my messages are just fine.

As i said before go to the screen where all the apps are and hit the blackberry key-select show all to see the submenus of all email accounts. Check there. Did you try a battery pull?
    09-29-09 01:46 PM
    Thanks, dcgore. Sorry I didn't reply sooner, couldn't log on till now.

Battery pull did the trick, thanks!! Weird, but hey, I'm new to BB.

Secondary related question:
    I'm new to the whole concept of having to shut down a phone and turn it back on. I don't recall iPhone requiring this, but that's neither here nor there. Is it really necessary to do, and if so, how often?

And does a battery pull do anything that shutting off & on doesn't accomplish?

THANK YOU!
    10-04-09 03:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD