I just updated my os through my phone to v5.0.0.975 and now I have no ringtone or volume through my phone... Anyone know what this could be?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-29-10 12:34 PM
    I just updated my os through my phone to v5.0.0.975 and now I have no ringtone or volume through my phone... Anyone know what this could be?

Did you check 2 things...the first being the profile that it did not accidentally get changed to silent or that the volume is just turned down or off just like being on silent? Check these 2 things out first.
    Last edited by Jaguarr40; 12-29-10 at 02:32 PM.
    12-29-10 01:35 PM
    Yeah my profile is on loud and it still won't work... When I custom set the profile it says volume at 10. Idk what else it could be...

12-30-10 06:13 AM
    And when I got play videos or music I can't hear anything, its as if my whole phones on mute!

12-30-10 06:27 AM
    Battery pull?
    12-30-10 06:39 AM
    Yeah my profile is on loud and it still won't work... When I custom set the profile it says volume at 10. Idk what else it could be...

Do a battery pull and since you just mentioned that you upgraded your OS you might even want to try a reinstall after you try the battery pull.

Also look at ALL your sound settings to make sure you have nothing turned off or down that is muting your phone or it being on silent even though you said your profile is set to loud, Like the volume buttons on the side just to be on the safe side, you never know.
    12-30-10 07:31 AM
    Everythings turned on, battery pull didn't do a thing. Thinking I have to go back to my last os? I didn't have a back up though.

12-30-10 11:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD