I have stuck with an old Tour 9630 because 1) all I do is email and use the phone and 2) the Tour always seemed to work for emails regardless of the past stunts COX Cable has pulled to disrupt my internet service for the computers. Frankly, the Blackberry has been the only device to always work. Also, when modular phones finally force the manufacturers to remove their fangs from our throats due having to pay for unneeded options and planned obsolescence every two years I will buy a new "chassis" with the options I require. But I digress.

The Tour has always been connected by cable, until RECENTLY it successfully transferred Contacts with Outlook but I have never been able to sync my desktop Outlook to the Blackberry with respect to appointments -- even though the program was set up for two-way communication for all functions.

All of the sudden the desktop Blackberry sync program will not even recognize the Tour is connected (says "Disconnected".) I can hear the audible "connect" noise when I plug in the Tour to my desktop and sometimes it often immediately makes the "disconnect" tone even though I did not do so myself. Other times it will not make the "disconnect" tone but, either way, the sync program states the phone is disconnected, thus I cannot attempt any changes.

I am not a techie but can follow directions.

Thanks
    04-18-14 11:00 AM
    Couple things to try, first off try a different USB port on the computer this can make a difference especially in a laptop, second try a new USB cord, could be the cord is going bad, and make sure you get a data capable cord preferable a BBRY made cord. Lastly this could be a driver issue, when you plug in the BB does the computer see it as a available drive? Look under my computer and see if the BB is listed as one of the drives, it should come up just like a thumb drive does when you plug it in.
    04-18-14 06:35 PM