I've checked my settings and I have the profile configured to kickoff the blinking red light when I get a new e-mail (useful when the phone is on silent). It recently stopped blinking when I get a new e-mail - but it still blinks for Facebook messages and SMS Text.

I've check the profiles and they're set-up correctly. Any thoughts?
    09-29-09 08:50 AM
    Bedside mode was my first thought but if it still blinks for others then i am not sure. I have used berrybuzz since almost day one so i doubt i will be much help.
    09-29-09 08:52 AM
    I think you should go back to profiles and recheck. Maybe the LED options is off for a specific email address...You also should check the profile alerts, maybe you changed the priority of the messages and this is affecting how it is being displayed.
    09-29-09 08:56 AM
    I've checked my settings and I have the profile configured to kickoff the blinking red light when I get a new e-mail (useful when the phone is on silent). It recently stopped blinking when I get a new e-mail - but it still blinks for Facebook messages and SMS Text.

I had a similar concern about the red-light when using the phone only profile. the does not blink. i was frustrated but have simply stopped giving a f***. i'm not happy with the tour. but it has it's advantages over the 8830 i had prior, the trade-off in functionality is worth the bull and bad programming.

best thing you can do is create a custom profile and ensure each email address had the light *on* option set up. total pain in the a$$
    09-29-09 09:00 AM
    Looks like the Phone Only issue was what caused the problem. Thanks all.

cvaria, I wish you better luck with your Tour. I love mine!
    09-29-09 09:22 AM

What OS do you have? I have noticed that the red light has not always been blinking for me recently. I am using 5.0.0.230.
    09-29-09 09:28 AM
    Looks like the Phone Only issue was what caused the problem. Thanks all.

cvaria, I wish you better luck with your Tour. I love mine!
    what were you using before your tour?
    09-29-09 09:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD