so my son was chewing on my phone today (tour) I know not a good idea...but anyway no one can hear me now when I call in our out, although i can hear them...how do I get them to hear me again??? ty
    01-11-10 02:08 PM
    Lol... I wonder what blackberries taste like? There is a chance that moisture got into the phone during the chewing. Take your battery out of the phone and leave it in a bowl of uncooked rice overnight. This should absorb the moisture and in most cases the phone will work after this is done. Good luck.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-11-10 02:13 PM
    Pull the battery and put the phone in a bag of dry rice.
    It sounds like something got wet. Leave it in there for d day or so and hopefully it will start working again.

01-11-10 02:13 PM
    Of course he might have hit the mute button as well. You can hear people, but they can not hear you ;-)

Maybe he hit this by accident.
    01-11-10 02:16 PM
    Yeah, I know someone who let their kid chew on their 8830, and they got mad when the phone had bad drool damage and vz wouldnt replace it! lol...
    01-11-10 02:19 PM
    is there a way to unmute other than just the button on the keyboard...that is what I think bc it doesn't seem wet anywhere? i can't find the volume section on the phone?
    01-11-10 02:19 PM
    ty!! it was the mute on top!!
    01-11-10 02:25 PM
    ty!! it was the mute on top!!

Yw!

Just remember kids and Blackberrys do not mix
    01-11-10 02:27 PM
    Well on the upside you now know how to try fixing water damage. I'm glad you don't have to go through the experience of living without your bb. You might also want to check out an app that is designed to entertain kids with buttons. This might prevent any chewing in the future. I don't recall the name right now, but a google search should help if you're interested in it.

01-11-10 02:30 PM
    Just out of curiousity, does jr have teeth? lol...cause if he/she does, then you're in for a whole lot of other problems..lol.
    01-11-10 02:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD