i have an unlocked bb tour 9630 , have activated the bbm service , even received a message from the carrier sayin so , but its still edge and not EDGE . also there arent any entries in the host routing table because of which i am unable to send the registration message , please help. its been almost a week , i am irritated now. thanks in advance
    10-23-12 01:33 PM
    Contact your carrier and have them activate the correct BlackBerry Data Plan on your account. They may have not provisioned your account properly.
    10-23-12 01:40 PM
    done it twice , even received a message saying "bb service has been activated on your phone " isnt there any other way of getting this done ,
    10-23-12 01:42 PM
    Have you tried the following:

- remove the battery, wait 30 seconds and put the battery back in
    - while in the host routing table press the menu key and select register now (you state your host routing is empty but not if you have manually registered.)

If both of these fail to get the message that your handset is registered then you need to call your carrier and ensure they have properly set your account up on their end. If not they will need to escalate the issue into rim.
    10-23-12 03:34 PM
    This **** is happening to me too right now, my bb 9630 won't work cause my HRT and service book both empty.. But the problem is, my sim card is working on another phone but won't work on mine.. Funny enough, immediately I inserted the sim in someone else phone, it registered the HRT automatically, but on my own phone, it doesn't.... Tired of this ****.. Any help is welcomed

Thanks
    12-30-12 07:25 PM
    Posting with profanity is not a very good way to get help.

On what carrier and in what country are you trying to use the device?
    Do you have a BLACKBERRY Data Plan from your carrier?
    If it is a GSM carrier, have you manually loaded the Service Books? You will need to do that since the device is not supported on GSM carriers.
    12-30-12 08:01 PM