- CrackBerry Newbie
- 7 Posts
no entries in HRT and edge instead of EDGE (bbm doesnt work)
i have an unlocked bb tour 9630 , have activated the bbm service , even received a message from the carrier sayin so , but its still edge and not EDGE . also there arent any entries in the host routing table because of which i am unable to send the registration message , please help. its been almost a week , i am irritated now. thanks in advance
- 10-23-12, 03:34 PM #4
Re: no entries in HRT and edge instead of EDGE (bbm doesnt work)
Have you tried the following:
- remove the battery, wait 30 seconds and put the battery back in
- while in the host routing table press the menu key and select register now (you state your host routing is empty but not if you have manually registered.)
If both of these fail to get the message that your handset is registered then you need to call your carrier and ensure they have properly set your account up on their end. If not they will need to escalate the issue into rim.
- CrackBerry Newbie
12-30-12, 07:25 PM #5
- 1 Posts
This **** is happening to me too right now, my bb 9630 won't work cause my HRT and service book both empty.. But the problem is, my sim card is working on another phone but won't work on mine.. Funny enough, immediately I inserted the sim in someone else phone, it registered the HRT automatically, but on my own phone, it doesn't.... Tired of this ****.. Any help is welcomed
- 12-30-12, 08:01 PM #6
Posting with profanity is not a very good way to get help.
On what carrier and in what country are you trying to use the device?
Do you have a BLACKBERRY Data Plan from your carrier?
If it is a GSM carrier, have you manually loaded the Service Books? You will need to do that since the device is not supported on GSM carriers.
- By Junior_21 in forum BlackBerry Bold 9700Replies: 6Last Post: 01-24-12, 05:15 AM
- By Skins70 in forum BlackBerry Storm2Replies: 0Last Post: 09-06-11, 04:13 PM
- By Anisoul in forum BlackBerry StormReplies: 4Last Post: 06-01-10, 12:25 PM
- By lector in forum BlackBerry Bold 9700Replies: 34Last Post: 01-21-10, 12:24 PM
- By scr126 in forum BlackBerry Curve 8900Replies: 3Last Post: 10-22-09, 10:28 AM