I've lost my 3rd party themes!!! I updated my OS to 4.7.1.61 OTA with no problems. I did have to reload a few applications (facebook, myspace, etc) but everything seemed to be working fine. After the update, my screen defaulted back to the original VZW Precision Zen theme. When I accessed the theme list to change it back to the downloaded theme I was previously using, it was gone!! The original BB Precision & VZW were listed, but the theme I downloaded from bplay was not. I checked by application list and sure enough, it was there.

I redownloaded the theme from bplay, installed it, pulled the battery and rebooted... nothing, still not listed. I downloaded a theme from App World and did the same... nothing, not listed. (I'm somewhat experienced in downloading themes due to multiple device replacements) I contacted bplay who sent me another theme free of charge for my inconvenience. Downloaded, installed, rebooted... you guessed it, nothing. Yet all 3 themes showed in my applications list. I contacted the vendor for the App World theme, who told me it worked fine in the simulator with the new OS version, try a device wipe and/or contact my carrier. Onto VZW... after 36 hours or so I got a reply telling me to indeed backup, wipe the device, reload, re-register, redownload the theme and retry. I have now done this (which is a real PITA having to reload ALL apps/customizations) and still neither theme works let alone even show up in my themes list. I've only seen one or two other posts for this problem between VZW, BB, & CB Forums, all void of any replies or suggestions.

Anyone have a clue out there because the "professionals" seem to have no idea.

- Themeless

BlackBerry� 9630
    smartphone (3G, CDMA)
    v4.7.1.61 (Platform 4.1.0.81)
    Cryptographic Kernel v3.8.5.51
    Branding Version: 1.0.105.416o
    Micro Edition Configuration: CLDC-1.1
    Micro Edition Profile: MIDP-2.0
    Micro Edition JTWI Version: 1.0
    Micro Edition Media Version: 1.1
    Micro Edition PIM Version: 1.0
    Micro Edition File Version: 1.0
    Micro Edition Bluetooth Version: 1.1
    Micro Edition Location Version: 1.0.1
    01-21-10 12:55 PM
    PROBLEM SOLVED!!! Re-wiped my phone and only restored things that couldn't be reloaded with a software update (contacts, calendar, messages, etc) one by one. Somewhere in my old system files a bug existed and was being reloaded into my phone when I restored. I've successfully loaded all my old apps, themes work... beautiful.

It was not without struggle though. DM crashed while running application loader & I got the White Screen of Death with "App Error 205. Reset." I was able to reload the system software after reading how on BlackBerry's Technical Solution page.

Hope this helps anyone who might run into this kind of problem!
    01-22-10 10:47 AM
    i'm having the same problem you described but the themes i download dont show up anywhere they download successfully but don't show up anywhere i pull the battery reboot but still nothin...i'm lost...any advice?
    01-25-10 06:09 AM
    Make sure the themes are for the version of OS that you have installed. I've read if they are not they will not show.
    01-25-10 09:10 AM
    i'm having the same problem you described but the themes i download dont show up anywhere they download successfully but don't show up anywhere i pull the battery reboot but still nothin...i'm lost...any advice?
    I'm assuming you're using OS 4.7.1.61:

Before starting, make sure you have your account set up for BlackBerry Internet Service & your email address(es) verified in your account.

1) Backup your phone on Desktop Manager
    2) Wipe the phone [Options>Security>General Settings>(BB/Menu button) Wipe Handheld.] (Include 3rd party apps - which you will need to redownload & install after wiping the device)
    3) When it's finished, re-register your phone [Options>Advanced Options>Host Routing Table>(BB/Menu button) Register Now]
    4) Log in to your account for Blackberry Internet Service, click on "Help", click on "Send Service Books"
    5) In Desktop Manager, go to Advanced Restore. Only restore your address book & calendar.
    6) Re-download & install your theme, pull your battery, reboot.
    7) Check your themes list to see if it shows:

If it does not show, call VZW.

If it does, go back to advanced restore and restore only the items you need. DO NOT restore everything as you will reload the bug back into your phone. (If you can get away with not restoring any emails/sms/mms, great. Mine was okay after I restored my messages, but it isn't recommended.)

Hope this helps...
    01-25-10 11:41 AM
    alright, i'm pretty sure its runnin on 5.0 tho cuz i just got it like 3 or 4 days ago. i had the tour that was running on the 4.7 right before it tho and every theme that i downloaded on that one worked flawlessly. the only reasson i replaced it was because the trackball kept sticking really bad and i was getting tired of fixing it so i had insurrance on it and got it replaced. now the only problem i have is the theme problem but i'll try what you said and see if i can t get it to work.
    01-26-10 07:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD