Don't forget to go to bis and change the device pin.
    07-15-09 03:20 PM
    zeroing out programming addresses the no data issue; even on 1x you can get some kind of connection. as far as not staying on 1XEV - i would call your provider instead of messing around with it - if it keeps changing back and forth thats more then likely a network side issue.
    07-15-09 03:34 PM
    This unfortunately can be a commom problem when it comes to activating phones on around a major launch date. It happened with Storms, Tours, etc. Sorry you're going thru it I would wait til the next business day then go full speed ahead.
    07-15-09 05:08 PM
    Okay, I just came back from the Verizon Wireless store. They told me that the problem is not RIM, is within Verizon Wireless and connected to my account. The highest level of technical support at Verizon Wireless (on the phone) escalated the problem to their "IT Dept" and the problem has been identified, and they are just waiting for them to fix it. In the meantime, any feature that uses data (including picture messaging and visual voicemail) will not work.

So, I am going to continue to try to be patient and wait. I will probably go back to the store Friday morning if I don't hear anything tomorrow. By that point I'm sure my patience will be wearing thin.
    07-15-09 05:25 PM
    I'm still bouncing around from 1X to 1ex to 1XEV. It's been doing this for 24 hours now. This sucks!
    07-15-09 05:54 PM
    Same problem with my Tour on Sprint. One user had success by wiping the device with assistance from a tech rep and then it worked.
    I'm a sprint user who had to use this method last night. Took escalating through two general sprint techs to a "blackberry" sprint tech. Trying the host routing table registry, updating profile, and every other trick didn't work. The device was wiped and when it came back it came back with data! Frustrating position to be in with a brand new device--but tech support was successful in getting it up and running.
    07-15-09 06:51 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD