Alright...I'm *this* close to returning my Tour.

My trackball sensitivity has had to be set at 90/70 because the horizontal movement lags badly at 80/70. I even ran the Tour self test and at the stated sensitivity, I couldn't get the number to register beyond 1 no matter how fast I rolled the trackball. And today I thought to turn on the "clicking" sound to check its consistency and guess what? No clicking sound...but an annoying "whoosh whoosh" sound comes out instead. Um, wtf? I briefly had the Curve and that made the clicking sound, no problem. Does this mean I have a defective trackball?

Never mind the dropped calls, the reception never getting below -100 and the muffled audio for my callers...now this? I'm a new bberry user and had high hopes for this phone, but come on...it doesn't even work on a basic level...even if some of the apps are cool.

So...exchange? Return? Get the Curve? Why was such an inferior device put out on the market anyway?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-07-09 12:57 PM
    Exchange. There are plenty of them out there that work fine and its a great phone if you get one that works.

08-07-09 01:03 PM
    Seems like that's the way to go, though I've heard others had worse issues on an exchange. Why would RIM put such a badly manufactured product out when there are so many exchanging/returning this thing? And let's not forget the loose battery door and no Wifi. Oh and last night..my camera was freaking out on this thing. So frustrating...

08-07-09 01:09 PM
    Ha yah but with all the problems he listed, there is a better chance of it not being worse than the one he already has hahah.

08-07-09 01:13 PM
    Seems like that's the way to go, though I've heard others had worse issues on an exchange. Why would RIM put such a badly manufactured product out when there are so many exchanging/returning this thing? And let's not forget the loose battery door and no Wifi. Oh and last night..my camera was freaking out on this thing. So frustrating...

ok I just had to chime in here. With just a teency weency bit of research, it would have been easy to determine that the Tour doesn't have wifi. This is NOT, repeat, NOT, a manufacturing defect. Please don't lump that in with all these other things.
    08-07-09 03:43 PM
    ok I just had to chime in here. With just a teency weency bit of research, it would have been easy to determine that the Tour doesn't have wifi. This is NOT, repeat, NOT, a manufacturing defect. Please don't lump that in with all these other things.
    I never said mine didn't have wifi...I said the TOUR doesn't have a wifi, in general. Meaning, not only is it defective in so many basic ways...but it also lacks wifi, making it an overall poor investment of money. So please be sure to read what I wrote more carefully next time.
    08-07-09 10:29 PM
    Ha yah but with all the problems he listed, there is a better chance of it not being worse than the one he already has hahah.
    I dunno..I'm not having screen ripple issues...so a new one could have that as an added bonus. Ridiculous to even have to worry about these things with a new phone.
    08-07-09 10:31 PM
    Tour self test -> how do u run this
    08-08-09 09:13 AM
    Tour self test -> how do u run this
    Go into 'Status' and type "test"
    08-08-09 09:16 AM
    With regards to the self test of the trackball what should the numbers really be?

08-08-09 10:07 AM
    Lol u shoulda known it has no wifi.

Self test at 100/100 gets up to 15+

No sound on trackball can be fixed in keyboard/screen options (make clicky noise) lol

Why don't u go to store, ask o play wit a new one then decide

08-08-09 12:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD