so i just recently got my tour and ive been working on fixing a few things and i noticed there was no browser icon. i searched the forum and followed the instructions on how to get all the features working and my browser appeared. i wake up this morning to find it has disappeared again and i dont know what to do now!! i tried resending the service books and its not hidden, helppppp!!!!!
    11-25-09 11:17 AM
    Try a battery reset - Do not power off first

Also check to make sure it did not get accidentally hidden - with all your cons showing, press menu and select show all
    11-25-09 11:31 AM
    i found the browser icon in my mini menu but it doesnt load to a website it just gives me this error message that says..

your device does not currently have any browser configuration service book entries

???
    11-25-09 11:36 AM
    i found the browser icon in my mini menu but it doesnt load to a website it just gives me this error message that says..

your device does not currently have any browser configuration service book entries

???
    Then you need to resend the serivce books. options>advanced options>host routing table> menu>register now. If this does not work, call your carrier and make sure your data plan is still intact.
    11-25-09 11:38 AM
    i tried resending the service books and i received the registration email and the confirmation that my email addresses were working properly and still no browser. i contacted my service provider 3 different times and each of the was useless, i have no idea what else to try!
    11-25-09 12:09 PM
    i tried resending the service books and i received the registration email and the confirmation that my email addresses were working properly and still no browser. i contacted my service provider 3 different times and each of the was useless, i have no idea what else to try!
    Back up your phone and then do a security wipe. You will need top program it and register now again. Then do a restore. If this does not help, then you might need a replacement. Happens sometimes.

to wipe the device go to options>security options>general settings>menu>wipe handheld.

You may also have to reload any 3rd party applications, as there will be setting to remove them. In this case I would recommend this.
    11-25-09 03:25 PM
    i tried as you recommended but no such luck, it seems ill be going back to my 8900. thank you so much for your help!
    11-25-09 04:07 PM
    i tried as you recommended but no such luck, it seems ill be going back to my 8900. thank you so much for your help!
    Just realized, your carrier is ATT, are you dealing with an unlocked phone? This could be part of the issue.
    11-25-09 04:15 PM
    im having the same problem i have a unlocked tour for tmobile im wiping my fone now hope it works but if you have any other way let me know cause ill try any thing at this point
    11-25-09 06:02 PM
    im having the same problem i have a unlocked tour for tmobile im wiping my fone now hope it works but if you have any other way let me know cause ill try any thing at this point
    Not sure about your concern. Remeber the OP had a tour that was designed for CDMA not GSM.

Did you try a register now on your device?
    11-25-09 09:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD