New to this blackberry scene. For some reason I don't have any audio (no ring, no alerts, no music) coming through the external speaker. I can get music through the handset but none through the external speaker. Is there a button I need to push or a feature to disable?
    Thanks,
    J. Gaskins
    07-31-09 07:26 PM
    Isn't the button on the top right corner a mute button? I could be wrong.
    07-31-09 07:35 PM
    When did this start happening
    07-31-09 07:57 PM
    Tried the mute button, no luck. I've had the phone about a week. It did it once the day after I got it, but I think I disabled the voice dialing and it came back.
    07-31-09 08:02 PM
    I take it you mean you can hear music through your headset not handset? That would mean that your speaker is working lol. I would try and do the basics which are checking as stated earlier the mute button and a quick visual (see if you have a green ball in your profile icon in top left corner underneath battery indicator) to see if you're possibly in vibrate mode. Other than that you can click on the profile icon then scroll to advanced. No matter what mode or profile you are in, this will allow you to check and change individual settings for all of your alerts. Good luck and maybe others can shed some light on this as well.
    07-31-09 08:08 PM
    Tried the mute button again. Also scrolled through all of my alerts and changed them to other sounds. When I clicked on try it, the LED lit up but no sound. My sound profile is on normal and I don't see a green ball under the battery indicator.
    07-31-09 08:30 PM
    Pardon me....you used to have to go to advanced on previous blackberries when scrolling. You probably figured out that you click on set ring tones/alerts? I would double check that you selected a high enough volume number and possibly check your sound in holster option and set to yes.
    07-31-09 10:31 PM
    I'd take the phone back. I had a device that VZW switched out, or gave me on a switch out, but the earpiece wouldn't work. Then one with a dead speaker wouldn't work and these were all brand new devices right out of the box.
    07-31-09 11:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD