Its true, Sprint treats us Blackberry users like sh!t. Who gives a **** about Palm's latest dud? Answer: nobody. Meanwhile a known commodity like Blackberry gets the back burner. Sprint are id!ots.

So rumors suggest Sept... we should expect Nov. Its hard to hang on. But then again, my friend is paying $182/mo to AT&T (Bold) for the same services I get from Sprint for $106/mo. To save $76/mo I may just deal with my crappy old slow Curve for another half a year.

BTW Cowboys2000, the word is "do", not "due", as in "I can't due that". And without T.O. to throw to, Tony Homo will have a disappointing year. His shot at a ring is gone.

First, you can keep to snive comments about the Dallas Cowboys to yourself.

I a sure you have never made a typo or grammar error in haste.

And just becuase this is a Blackberry froum, don't assume that the "only" phone for "everyone" IS a Blackberry. In some cases, I need the functionality of a Blackberry. but in others, a plain basic phone with a solid signal is all that is needed.

Again, people are so addicted to their beloved Blackberry that they forget that even with a growing base of Blackberry users, the majority of users WILL keep a phone longer than 2 years and not keep asking for discounts on top of discounts on hardware and feature.

From a basic accounting standpoint, the long-term, never call, never complain users who do not get a discounted phone, only to ask for another discounted handset within the terms of the contract caused Sprint to lose money.

Refer back to my post about Sprint having "input" to manufacturers about what they want in a devise. It is up to RIM, Palm, Samsung, etc. to deliver products at a price points that fits with Sprints needs.

Has nothing to do with Tony Romo, the Dallas cowboys or your incessinet need to make yourself feel better by correcting somebody on a message board.

Let's stick to the subject next time shall we?
    03-18-09 05:14 PM
    Who says it has to have bugs? I'm sure it will have all of the "bugs" worked out before it comes to VZW. It's not like this is a new technology overhaul like the Storm. This is their bread-n-butter and "know how" right here. I think that just may be your way of psyching yourself out to feel better about having to wait so long. Let's just be honest here. LOL!
    Well one other thing to consider is, if Sprint waits longer, it is always possible they release the phone with OS 5. Never know what might happen!
    03-18-09 06:48 PM
    Well one other thing to consider is, if Sprint waits longer, it is always possible they release the phone with OS 5. Never know what might happen!
    And that means we would just upgrade to OS 5 at tha time. LOL
    03-18-09 06:55 PM
    Oh yeah? Well, I think--oh look! A kitty!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-19-09 01:56 PM
    Oh yeah? Well, I think--oh look! A kitty!

LOLOL!!!!!
    03-19-09 02:09 PM
    Maybe we'll see its by Christmas? Doubt anytime soon. It'd be an idiotic move on Sprints part to put this out when their flagship phone, the Pre, is coming.

2010 no doubt, though. No doubt.

03-22-09 04:33 PM
    Forget the frakin Pre, who cares about it? Its all BBs here man lol

03-22-09 05:01 PM
    I don't care much for Palm or Sprint. It just makes absolutely no sense to release a new phone when they want all eyes on the Pre.

03-22-09 05:05 PM
    Ok, Sprint can hype up the Pre and advertise out the bum. Meanwhile, don't advertise the Niagara but just do a surprise release. See what happens...just cause a Pre is the ONLY new phone at the moment doesn't mean people are going to buy it. Does it?

03-22-09 06:09 PM
    Yea it doesn't make since but they shouldn't wait until may/june for the pre to release a phone. It would be better to have a new phone out about every 3 months or so that way you can always capitalize on new customers.
    03-22-09 09:44 PM
    None of you seem to realize, besides mguth, that Sprint is a business, and like any other business they want money.

Therefore, they make more money pushing the Pre till they can't push it anymore, then bring out the Niagra and push it till they can't push it anymore.

They need to focus on new and current customers. No one will switch to Sprint because of there *sarcasim* "awesome phones. " *end sarcasm*

There will be no early release. Its the Pre or nothing for awhile. Its high time we all just accept it.

03-23-09 12:13 AM
    None of you seem to realize, besides mguth, that Sprint is a business, and like any other business they want money.

Therefore, they make more money pushing the Pre till they can't push it anymore, then bring out the Niagra and push it till they can't push it anymore.

They need to focus on new and current customers. No one will switch to Sprint because of there *sarcasim* "awesome phones. " *end sarcasm*

There will be no early release. Its the Pre or nothing for awhile. Its high time we all just accept it.

The business you speak of is one that doesn't like to make money. A business is about making money. Providing its customers a variety of options to suit different needs. Not to force feed all customers one thing simply because that's what they like to do. While I do agree it "might" not be the wisest thing to launch them at the same time, launching them fairly close will only help business. Not everybody likes BlackBerry's, just like not everybody likes Palm. But for a business to not cater to both likes for the hopes of making money and riding one device until its done doesn't make dollars or cents(pardon the pun). As long as there is some space in between launches, they will be fine. But they are a business, and the more new products they have, the more chance they have of making that almighty dollar.

03-23-09 12:30 AM
    CX, come on. You know as well as I do that we won't see a new BB till they think they can't sell anymore Pre.

Actually, you really don't have to agree with me, because we both know that Sprint will focus 100 percent on the Pre. It's sad, but true.

03-23-09 06:31 AM
    Remember what Sam said to Frodo in Lord of the Rings? "I can help. Share the load." Well, that's exactly what the Niagara is saying to the Pre.

The Pre can't carry precious Sprint all by itself.
    03-23-09 07:06 AM
    It's all speculation now, no one knows who will have the Niagara, and when they will get it. It's ALL rumor at this point, ONE of which is even saying Sprint is getting it FIRST. But none of us will know anything till a provider makes an announcement, which has NOT happened yet!
    03-23-09 08:14 AM
    CX, come on. You know as well as I do that we won't see a new BB till they think they can't sell anymore Pre.

Actually, you really don't have to agree with me, because we both know that Sprint will focus 100 percent on the Pre. It's sad, but true.

No, he doesnt know that. And neither do you.

This isnt a competition. Sprint understands the difference between a touchscreen consumer oriented 'lifestyle' phone and a qwerty world edition device aimed at business customers.

Will they cannibalize customers from each other? Probably. I know I am interested in trying both. Will Sprint sell more phones overall by offering both, definitely.
    03-23-09 03:02 PM
    Well its kinda depressing when you think about how. A whole area of devices are neglected. For any reason. If the phone is perfected and left alone for us here at forums to spread the word that's one thing but if the phone is in desperate need of attention. How can they just keep losing money by replacements after replacements? They have a good business mind but can be very dumb when it comes to certain things!

03-23-09 03:54 PM
    Lol okay guys. I may not be 100 percent right, but I'm willing to bet we won't see a new Berry till Sprint is finished with the Pre.

If Sprint new how to market phones and run a business well, they wouldn't have bleed so many customers, now would they?

They're sure as **** not the smartest out their, so we'll see if they can tell which way is up.

03-23-09 08:26 PM
    Sprint will be releasing this phone sometime between July 1st and September 30th, 2009. The Sprint version will be better anyway because they do not screw over the customers when it comes to getting the best out of a phone.
    05-11-09 04:56 PM

In my mind, and I certainly may be wrong, the Palm Pre and most Blackberrys (except for the Storm), essentially cater to 2 different markets. Even if Sprint launched the Pre and 9630 at the same time, I think that Pre people would buy the Pre, and 9630 people would buy the 9630. Conversely, I don't think that most 9630 people would buy the Pre simply because the 9630 wouldn't be out yet.
    05-11-09 05:40 PM
    If it's true that Sprint isn't releasing a 9630 because of royalty issues, how would that be screwing us (the customer) over? If there is an extra charge to be paid because of a lawsuit, do you really think Sprint would eat that? No, they would pass it on to you, the customer, in the form of higher device and subscription fees. Looking at it that way, it seems more like they'd be doing you a favor by forgoing lawsuit penalties...

Agreed. Sometimes it pays to look at the big picture.....
    05-11-09 09:37 PM
    Sprint will be releasing this phone sometime between July 1st and September 30th, 2009. The Sprint version will be better anyway because they do not screw over the customers when it comes to getting the best out of a phone.
    and how does Verizon plan to screw over customers when they release this device? The old "no gps" argument is dead.. Sprint isnt adding Wi-fi to this or anything internal and on top of all that.. have you called what sprint calls "customer care"?

They are losing customers by the millions for a reason.

Sprint will not release this phone first.. they are so far behind getting the Pre out the door that they cant work on anything else..

BB doesnt make them any money because they are eating the cost of the data with that "everything plan" therefore no incentive to rush it..

Verizon loves that 30 bucks + a month and pushing BB's is what we do best..

I know I am biased..
    05-11-09 10:18 PM
    and how does Verizon plan to screw over customers when they release this device? The old "no gps" argument is dead.. Sprint isnt adding Wi-fi to this or anything internal and on top of all that.. have you called what sprint calls "customer care"?

They are losing customers by the millions for a reason.

Sprint will not release this phone first.. they are so far behind getting the Pre out the door that they cant work on anything else..

BB doesnt make them any money because they are eating the cost of the data with that "everything plan" therefore no incentive to rush it..

Verizon loves that 30 bucks + a month and pushing BB's is what we do best..

I know I am biased..
    They will not offer the phone with its full capabilities. When phones come out with other carriers along with Sprint, Sprint always does something to make theirs stick out. No one is 100% sure it won't have wi-fi until the final specs are official. I don't have problems with their Customer care. We know Sprint will get it 2nd, but thats no big issue. Verizon plans are too much for their own good, but I guess to some its worth it. Its ok to be biased, we're all having fun on Crackberry!
    05-11-09 10:30 PM
    i rather wait for later for the device to come out cuz at least all the bugs and defects will be worked out by then
    06-09-09 08:55 PM
49 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD