It's kind of funny how crazy people get over a dumb ole phone. I don't remember getting excited when the push buttons came out to replace the rotary phone. Boy , Times have sure changed. Don't get me wrong I do get kind of excited when this stuff comes out. I would love to get my hands on one.
    03-05-09 01:27 PM
    In the avatar/pic of the Niagara beside the Form link on the main Form page (not the pics posted on the blog)...Does the qwerty keyboard have an aqua glow behind the keys??? Or is that my eyes playing tricks on me?

I only ask because I have seen other pictures of Blackberry's while they are on...and I know that the numbers and letters themselves give off a glow...but in that pictures it looks as though there is a aqua glow coming from in between all the letters and numbers....

Now mind you I don't own a blackberry so if this is common with them all just let me know
    Last edited by MzSweetyPie82; 03-05-09 at 01:38 PM.
    03-05-09 01:33 PM
    I will be getting this phone on day 1

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-05-09 01:35 PM
    I returned my storm after a week of having it. I can't wait till this phone comes out!!

03-05-09 01:37 PM
    Does anyone else think the location of the niagara link under devices in the crackberry page is misplaced. even though its not out yet I still think it should be at the top of the list in accordance with the model # of the device.

03-05-09 01:44 PM
    thats kind of the point.

bold looks different though. the bold is pretty sexy. maybe sexier than the other two. but im happy the niagara is a bit bigger than the 8900 - 8900 is a sweet little device but too small for the big boys.
    The Niagara is very sexy. look one draw-back people have claimed about the Bold is it's size. Well the N is a little smaller, has the same look keyboard, yet has the form factor of the 8900/95xx. It's kind of a mix of a few different devices in one package. Not to mention is functions great.
    03-05-09 01:45 PM
    In the avatar/pic of the Niagara beside the Form link on the main Form page (not the pics posted on the blog)...Does the qwerty keyboard have an aqua glow behind the keys??? Or is that my eyes playing tricks on me?

I only ask because I have seen other pictures of Blackberry's while they are on...and I know that the numbers and letters themselves give off a glow...but in that pictures it looks as though there is a aqua glow coming from in between all the letters and numbers....

Now mind you I don't own a blackberry so if this is common with them all just let me know
    The device is not powered on, so the "glow" you see is not what you think it is.
    03-05-09 01:46 PM
    Does anyone else think the location of the niagara link under devices in the crackberry page is misplaced. even though its not out yet I still think it should be at the top of the list in accordance with the model # of the device.

Well the Curve 8350i has been down in the list for quite some time now, so I doubt this some sort of mistake.

To be honest I am just glad there is a Niagara forum at all!
    03-05-09 01:47 PM
    The device is not powered on, so the "glow" you see is not what you think it is.
    Oh okay, Thank you!
    03-05-09 01:50 PM
    Haha everyone is gonna drop there thunder...i mean storms.
    03-05-09 01:53 PM
    all look the sameeeeeeeeeeee
    Noooooooo theeeyyyyyyyyyyy don'ttttttttt.

The 8900 and the 9630 have the same shape to the body.
    The 9000 and the 9630 share the same design with the keyboard.
    03-05-09 01:55 PM
    Having no wi-fi would be a FAIL IMO. Truly a step back for Verizon. Looks cool though.
    03-05-09 01:55 PM
    This is the device I've been waiting for, she will be mine soon enough. Good things come to those who wait...
    03-05-09 01:57 PM
    Having no wi-fi would be a FAIL IMO. Truly a step back for Verizon. Looks cool though.
    I do not understand why people keep calling the exclusion of wi-fi a "step back". Verizon has never offered wi-fi on BlackBerry devices. They may offer it on different smart phones, but never have done it on Blackberries. Therefore you cannot consider it a step back.
    03-05-09 01:58 PM
    Noooooooo theeeyyyyyyyyyyy don'ttttttttt.

The 8900 and the 9630 have the same shape to the body.
    The 9000 and the 9630 share the same design with the keyboard.
    No, the 9630 and 8900 have different shells. The 9630 does have the Bolds keyboard, but smaller.
    03-05-09 02:02 PM
    Wow.. this phone looks amazing!!
    03-05-09 02:05 PM
    No, the 9630 and 8900 have different shells. The 9630 does have the Bolds keyboard, but smaller.
    I guess the correct word should have been similar in shape.
    03-05-09 02:06 PM
    Wow.. this phone looks amazing!!
    So you dig it huh Surreal?? I told ya you'd like it.

Whatcha think about the battery door??
    03-05-09 02:08 PM
    The Niagara is very sexy. look one draw-back people have claimed about the Bold is it's size. Well the N is a little smaller, has the same look keyboard, yet has the form factor of the 8900/95xx. It's kind of a mix of a few different devices in one package. Not to mention is functions great.
    yeah i like it more, based on the pics, than the 8900. im kind of a fan of the bold form factor though, and i came around on the leather like back.

one thing im a little worried about though is the size of the keyboard. in your opinion, how is it to type on? typing on the bold is great IMO, better than the 8900 purely due to the size. im indifferent as to the keys being spaced apart.
    03-05-09 02:08 PM
    I do not understand why people keep calling the exclusion of wi-fi a "step back". Verizon has never offered wi-fi on BlackBerry devices. They may offer it on different smart phones, but never have done it on Blackberries. Therefore you cannot consider it a step back.
    You got to it before me. People don't make sense at all. A step back. Lol.

Phone looks real nice. I wanna know about the cdma battery life, and I want to see the browser in action! Judging by how slow the storms browser is, I'm Willing to bet that opera mini will still be the browser of choice.
    03-05-09 02:10 PM
    So you dig it huh Surreal?? I told ya you'd like it.

Whatcha think about the battery door??
    Hmm strange, I don't see a battery door!
    03-05-09 02:10 PM
    Well like the Bold is to the Curve, the Niagara is to the Curve. It has a much faster processor. Works on Verizon's fastest Rev A network. Unlike the Curve it has quadband EDGE, and also works on HSPA. It has more memory than the Curve. Much better screen resolution than the Curve. And some other things. Basically this is the CDMA version of the Bold and it is also replacing the 8830 WE.
    Nice sales pitch CX! All kidding aside...you are correct!
    03-05-09 02:14 PM
    Hmm strange, I don't see a battery door!
    No I was asking about the other pics. The ones thats been around for ever now. Just what he thought from these pics to those pics.

Edit: I prefer AT&T's 3G to Verizons Rev A.
    03-05-09 02:17 PM
    CX these pics are much appreciated.
    03-05-09 02:18 PM
    No I was asking about the other pics. The ones thats been around for ever now. Just what he thought from these pics to those pics.

Edit: I prefer AT&T's 3G to Verizons Rev A.
    Wow....3G must be good in your area. It's really bad here....hence the lawsuits.
    03-05-09 02:20 PM
380 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD