it is a world phone, but only gsm in europe afaik
    04-07-09 02:43 PM
    What it is a world phone?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-07-09 02:50 PM
    What it is a world phone?

what?
    it is a phone that does cdma and gsm, but not usa gsm, europe.
    04-07-09 02:54 PM
    what?
    it is a phone that does cdma and gsm, but not usa gsm, europe.
    Does it mean, the phone has 2 simcard slot? 1 for gsm n 1 for cdma?
    Sorry I really have nt heard about this before
    I am interested on the niagara.. Has a nice design..

04-07-09 02:57 PM
    Does it mean, the phone has 2 simcard slot? 1 for gsm n 1 for cdma?
    Sorry I really have nt heard about this before
    I am interested on the niagara.. Has a nice design..

cdma has no sim card, so it has one sim slot, but it wont work in the us... at least that is what reports say.
    finally found what i was talking about before with the cdma sim card. it is called a r-uim. cdma does have this, just not in the states. check it out Removable User Identity Module - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Last edited by Syco54645; 04-07-09 at 03:27 PM.
    04-07-09 03:13 PM
    cdma has no sim card, so it has one sim slot, but it wont work in the us... at least that is what reports say.
    finally found what i was talking about before with the cdma sim card. it is called a r-uim. cdma does have this, just not in the states. check it out Removable User Identity Module - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    But it will work in the US. Just not on any 3G bands in the US.
    04-07-09 07:06 PM
    But it will work in the US. Just not on any 3G bands in the US.
    oh yeah i remember seeing that. i am not wellversed in gsm, so I was mistaken. thanks for pointing that out.
    04-07-09 07:13 PM
    From the sounds of things, it will be 3G (EV-DO rev.A) for CMDA and possibly for European GSM.

In the USA, it will only be EDGE for GSM.
    04-07-09 09:37 PM
    CDMA: 850/1900 USA
    GSM/EDGE: 850/900/1800/1900 Everywhere
    HSDPA: 2100 Europe/Asia
    04-08-09 07:56 AM
    I need this phone.... Gotta get the newest phone lol... CrackBerry is the name they should use and then offer a disciount to everyone on here for the copyright...
    04-08-09 06:46 PM
    oops discount
    04-08-09 06:46 PM
    I like the Storm's screen real estate and with this this you can't type in landscape.
    04-12-09 04:39 PM
    Does anyone know if Kevin is going to be making one of his famous review videos? I've seen the two current "talk-free" vids that are currently up but I've heard nothing about a new one.

Also, I've been in this forum for some time, and I've seen everything people have written, can someone (maybe CX) give me something to hold people over for the release? Some cool new info? Maybe a release date? A fun fact about the device that hasn't been currently released on this or other forums?

Thanks Guys,

Michael
    04-13-09 03:20 AM
    A fun fact about the device that hasn't been currently released on this or other forums?

Here's a fun fact: Sprint won't get this phone until Christmas. Actually, thats not fun...

Here's a rookie question for the people who know about this stuff: Since VZW and Sprint both use CDMA radios, won't the Niagara technically be capable of operating on Sprint right away?
    If I paid cash for a Niagara from VZW, could it be made to function on Sprint towers? (Disregard the fact that this would probably be more expensive than just switching to VZW, and thereby stupid.) I'm just wondering if it could be done.
    04-14-09 09:33 AM
    Here's a fun fact: Sprint won't get this phone until Christmas. Actually, thats not fun...

Here's a rookie question for the people who know about this stuff: Since VZW and Sprint both use CDMA radios, won't the Niagara technically be capable of operating on Sprint right away?
    If I paid cash for a Niagara from VZW, could it be made to function on Sprint towers? (Disregard the fact that this would probably be more expensive than just switching to VZW, and thereby stupid.) I'm just wondering if it could be done.
    CDMA carriers register phones using the ESN code. If the phone is not registered with that carrier, you will not be able to use it. You can persuade them to register it on their database, but that has proven to be extremely difficult. Therefore, short answer to your question is: No.
    04-14-09 10:03 AM
    Corp. Verizon stores are not supposed to sell phones to non-Verizon customers even at full retail. I found this out when I was on Alltel. I purchased a phone for my wife (Motorola W755). I had previously purchased the Nokia intrigue but returned it for the W755. When they found out that we were not Verizon customers they told me the policy. But luckily it was too late lol.

05-17-09 10:18 PM

the only option (unless someone breaks the rule) for you to buy it is if your a verizon customer they do not sell devices even at full retail to non verizon customers. However that isn't to say there wont be some on ebay and such.

But because these phones do not use a "sim card" you probably wont get it to run on sprints network anyway. You would have better luck using it on AT&t's network with a sim if you got it unlocked but would only get edge data.

So if you do want the phone and you want it before it comes to sprint you may consider switching to verizon dont make that move unless you are already familiar with verizon service in your area and it would suit your needs
    05-18-09 02:22 AM
    I want it. I'll be getting it whether or not it has WiFi. No question.
    I can't wait for it release.

05-18-09 03:35 AM
    Does anyone know if Kevin is going to be making one of his famous review videos? I've seen the two current "talk-free" vids that are currently up but I've heard nothing about a new one.

Also, I've been in this forum for some time, and I've seen everything people have written, can someone (maybe CX) give me something to hold people over for the release? Some cool new info? Maybe a release date? A fun fact about the device that hasn't been currently released on this or other forums?

Thanks Guys,

Michael
    Michael

I heard the estimated time is around August or September.

05-18-09 03:37 AM
    Michael

I heard the estimated time is around August or September.

but on a side note we are all definetly hoping for the July release date
    05-18-09 04:03 AM
    I know this is off topic but what's the estimated release of the storm 2? I know there's not a lot of info about it out yet but we do have pictures.

05-18-09 09:33 AM
    I know this is off topic but what's the estimated release of the storm 2? I know there's not a lot of info about it out yet but we do have pictures.

People have been saying that it is launching sooner than we think. Maybe RIM realized how much they screwed it up...still waiting for an official OS that works, well, like its supposed to.
    05-18-09 10:47 AM
    People have been saying that it is launching sooner than we think. Maybe RIM realized how much they screwed it up...still waiting for an official OS that works, well, like its supposed to.
    i'll be quite interested to see how RIM handles this in general. they have to be careful (in my opinion) of forcing everyone to jump ship to the storm 2, by not getting a solidly functioning storm1 OS. having an option to upgrade to a nicer phone is one thing, but leaving a phone that so many have (and have issues with) in the dust unless they want to dish out the cash is going to create some pretty unhappy people.
    05-18-09 01:42 PM
    i'll be quite interested to see how RIM handles this in general. they have to be careful (in my opinion) of forcing everyone to jump ship to the storm 2, by not getting a solidly functioning storm1 OS. having an option to upgrade to a nicer phone is one thing, but leaving a phone that so many have (and have issues with) in the dust unless they want to dish out the cash is going to create some pretty unhappy people.

yupz, part of the issue is that the storm should have never been released with that OS to begin with. It was rushed you can tell it was rushed. Thats why I try and tell people just let them take there time on the next releases don't wish for it to soon. Because they just might rush it again ;/.

A released phone should not reboot on its own especially when your spending 200 or more on it.
    05-18-09 05:09 PM
    These photos were epic.
    07-09-09 10:11 PM
380 ... 13141516
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD