I would try resyncing your Address Book with the BES:

1) Click on the Address Book homescreen icon.

2) Press the menu button.

3) Select Options from the menu.

4) Type the letters "rset".

WARNING: If you proceed you may lose your whole address book. Please make sure that you have a backup first!

5) Select Yes to the prompts to delete your on device Address Book if you wish to do so. If you are connected to a BES server, it will then remove all contacts and re-sync your BES Address Book to your device.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Again thank you very much. Unfortuntaely the lookup feature in email is still not working. Our IT folks are telling me I need to wipe and reinstall the OS. I would really prefer not to do that...

Again I appreciate the advice. Anything else you can think of would be great!
    04-28-10 10:33 PM
    My issues I've noticed so far:

-Browser click is worse than ever, as everyone's said.
    -Freezing in AIM/BBM on a screen and being unable to leave the screen or power off by using the red power-off button
    [this just happened when scanning a barcode for BBM, it froze on the camera and wouldn't leave that screen though the camera was still active]
    04-29-10 10:45 AM
    I'm currently running 5.0.0.591 (4.2.0.272) and decided to check for wireless updates and it found 5.0.0.591 (4.2.0.284) should I try it?

What is the difference?
    04-29-10 02:23 PM
    Yes, not much difference, it's an update.
    You'll still need to run a hybrid to make everything work but that true of EVERY VZW OS!
    04-29-10 02:41 PM
    Anyone having issues with network connections?? I'm on Verizon and I looked at my phone and it said Searching for CDMA. I went into settings and it said that I was connected to TMobile?? WTF? Just updated to the latest version yesterday... 5.0.0.591 Bundle 1059, Platform 4.2.0.284.
    04-30-10 01:50 PM
    .591 is horrible! Will not pair with Bluetooth hands free system in my Ford Edge. Can someone direct me to a link to downgrade to .419?

thanks!
    04-30-10 02:15 PM
    has anyone had problem, that when you receive a sms you are not able to open it up and read it?
    05-01-10 10:36 PM
    Facebook App is DOG slow
    05-12-10 08:00 AM
    Get .643! Better in every way. Just can't use PTT with it, for now.

05-12-10 08:26 AM
    Get .643! Better in every way. Just can't use PTT with it, for now.

Thanks for the info but my Droid is on the way. Should be here tomorrow/Friday.
    05-12-10 08:39 AM
    I am having problems with my mms now. Whenever someon sends me one with music, the music plays whenever I get a sms message or bbm message! It is so annoying. I do a batt pullout & it helps but I want to have to do that after every mms that has music. Any suggestions?!

05-16-10 03:22 PM
    me too there has got to be a fix soon

05-16-10 05:54 PM
    Have you called Verizon about the problem yet? I have not. I really do not feel like dealing with it. Sometiems, I also problems with my bbm. It says I have a message and I do not. I have to delete the app and add it back.... I am getting a little pissed off about it too!!!
    me too there has got to be a fix soon

05-17-10 01:00 PM
    Just upgraded to Verizon's 5.0.591 and having an issue where calendar events are duplicating on the phone. I am connected to my company's BES and using Outlook. When I create or accept a calendar invite, it creates a duplicate (or sometimes a triplicate) on my phone. And each event is numbered 1/2 and 2/2, etc... In the past two weeks, I've gone through two phones, two wipes, a factory reset on the second phone, and finally deleting and resending the CICAL Service book. And the issue still exists today.

I'm reading here in the forums that there are several known issues with this O/S. Has anyone had my issue?
    06-12-10 12:50 PM
    Yes, it has multiple problems. Update to a later leak, I found .662 worked very nicely.
    06-12-10 02:32 PM
    Yes, it has multiple problems. Update to a later leak, I found .662 worked very nicely.
    By a later leak, I'm presuming that it's not an official Verizon release. Where are these available?
    06-12-10 03:26 PM
    Correct. Use the forum search feature for 5.0.0.662
    06-12-10 03:33 PM
    Correct. Use the forum search feature for 5.0.0.662
    Will my BES mind this hybrid?
    06-12-10 11:39 PM
    Will my BES mind this hybrid?
    From what I read, BES is totally up to your company or their IS department.

As I just wrote in another thread, maybe if enough folks start putting replacement unit pressure on Verizon, Verizon might finally address the issue. Obviously, as folks just accept these problems, Verizon and shrug it off. But it has to cost them plenty to replace a slew of phones.
    06-13-10 09:12 AM
569 ... 212223
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD