It's about time!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-30-10 06:24 AM
    Is the latest 591 leak identical to this version? No need to re-install?
    03-30-10 06:40 AM
    Is the latest 591 leak identical to this version? No need to re-install?
    thats what i was wondering.
    im pretty sure they are identical
    03-30-10 06:44 AM
    hey does any one have this problem -
    when selecting differnt ring tones for sms messages or email alerts the ringtones you selected do not sound and rather other basic charm ringtones sound.
    My tour randamly does this and some times it will play the ringtones i selected and other times it plays ones i did not select.
    CAN ANYONE HELP ME WITH THIS PLEASE?
    THANKS
    03-30-10 06:51 AM
    I thought it was the same but when I checked for updates after having the leaked version of .591 on my phone already it said to update to this version.
    I noticed that I have an icon for backup assistant now and more memory than before. But everything else seems to be the same.
    03-30-10 06:52 AM
    I love it!!! Most of the things I have been complaining about were fixed. Only bad thing is I'm out $15 cause my BeWeather and BerryBuzz is asking for a activation code which I don't have. I'm hoping they sent out a email and its on my pc yahoo account which is gonna be fun to go through cause I never delete my messages

03-30-10 06:56 AM
    I thought 5.0 was supposed to put the 3g icon in the connection slot? I am not seeing it on mine still.
    03-30-10 07:10 AM
    Ok a simple email search and I found my codes but for berry buzz I can't find the indicator for Facebook?

03-30-10 07:22 AM
    Anyone have any idea when this might be available for OTA upgrade from BES Blackberry Manager? I want to push it out to a few users, but don't really want to have to deal with a cable install.
    03-30-10 07:25 AM
    I love it!!! Most of the things I have been complaining about were fixed. Only bad thing is I'm out $15 cause my BeWeather and BerryBuzz is asking for a activation code which I don't have. I'm hoping they sent out a email and its on my pc yahoo account which is gonna be fun to go through cause I never delete my messages

If you purchased them from crackberry just goto the store/app store and click "my account on the left side...your activation codes are stored in your account.

03-30-10 07:28 AM
    im so glad this came out so now i have stuff to read all day at work and make the day go by faster lol.

as far as upgrading im going to hold on to .419 for a little longer.
    03-30-10 08:01 AM
    any one else notice blackberry app world not remembering what was previously downloaded?
    03-30-10 08:21 AM
    has anyone tried google sync? It hasn't been working with mine on previous leaded versions correctly.

Also, vzw pushed backup assistant so I tried that. Nice little feature.
    03-30-10 08:26 AM
    No problems here! Working smooth and not experiencing any of the browser click issues that were mentioned. I actually had a bump in memory from the previous 5.0 version I had after removing all the unnecessary stuff like .vad, help, etc...so far so good!
    03-30-10 08:28 AM
    Downloading now, we shall see if there are any problems on my Tour soon lol.

Fingers are crossed as well as my eyes at this point.
    03-30-10 08:33 AM
    Couple issues I am having...

Browser click issue.
    Skype is a no go. "Skype can only be run on VZW." I am on VZW...
    Mobile Banking app not working.
    Iheartradio will not stream, always used to.
    App World is also having problems. It showing apps that installed as uninstalled and won't let me upgrade one.

I am very disappointed with this release. VZW must have just tested PTT and said ok, we can release this crap as it is.

FYI - I did a complete wipe before loading this OS just to be sure nothing from previous versions was causing any issues.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    Last edited by scuccia; 03-30-10 at 08:51 AM.
    03-30-10 08:45 AM
    How is the battery life and memory on 5.0? Has battery life improved or gone down and is memory leakage still a big issue?
    03-30-10 08:49 AM
    I thought 5.0 was supposed to put the 3g icon in the connection slot? I am not seeing it on mine still.
    That only appeared on a couple of beta versions based on .4xx. None of the .5xx versions have the 3G symbol.
    03-30-10 09:05 AM
    any one else notice blackberry app world not remembering what was previously downloaded?
    Log in to your Paypal account on App World and your paid app history will be restored.
    03-30-10 09:10 AM
    Before I pull the trigger on this, I'd be interested in the thoughts of those who upgraded to the "official" OS from .419. I've been runnig .419 since release and it's been rock stable, fast and (as much as can be expected from RIM) flawless. In a nutshell, everything "just works" on .419. I don't want to waste my 1/2 hour "upgrading" only to only to find that overall .419 was better in multiple respects. If so, I'll wait for the leaked version of .608 or whatever. FWIW, I couldn't care less about having PTT. Sorry to make you upgraders the guinea pigs!
    03-30-10 09:11 AM
    Couple issues I am having...

<Snip>

Skype is a no go. "Skype can only be run on VZW." I am on VZW...

<Snip>
    FYI - I did a complete wipe before loading this OS just to be sure nothing from previous versions was causing any issues.

Did you shrink the os before loading it? If so, you might have removed a file(s) that skype needs to tell it that it is running on a verizon tour.
    Last edited by 2_BCs; 03-30-10 at 09:23 AM.
    03-30-10 09:17 AM
    .419 is a much better build. I cannot believe that Verizon took so long and then released this steaming pile of...
    03-30-10 09:17 AM
    I ran the leaked version of .591 for about a day, but went right back to my previous build because of the browser click issue and horrible battery life.

03-30-10 09:22 AM
    .419 is a much better build. I cannot believe that Verizon took so long and then released this steaming pile of...
    My Google Sync is broken.

I'm having the browser click issue.

I'm going back to .419. It loaded faster and was much better software in my opinion.

I'm definitely getting a Nexus One or Incredible/Desire soon.
    03-30-10 09:24 AM
    Not only has the memory on my Tour gone from 75% to 40% after the update, but now my address book won't sync. Many of my contacts are repeating several times, and when I sync the BB with my Mac, I get this message:

The Address Book database cannot be accessed for synchronization.

For help resolving this issue, refer to KB19454 in the BlackBerry Desktop Manager Knowledge Base.

Anyone else with similar issues?
    Addressing the memory issue, I noticed the same thing. Someone pointed out to me that the downgrade files from 4.7 are most likely still on the phone. If you hook it up to DM, you should be able to remove them. I haven't been able to try it though bc I'm at work, so it'll have to wait till I get home. I noticed about a 30mb difference in file free.
    03-30-10 09:26 AM
569 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD