well im not a actual newbie...but this is i guess jus a general question about the tour...so here it goes...im currently on sprint and well be switching over to verizon here in a couple of weeks...and was wondering if I should go with the newer curve or go with the tour...I have never owned a blackberry before...can somebody give me some details?
    12-05-09 05:20 PM
    Get the Tour. The newer Curve is a lesser/entry-level device.
    12-05-09 05:25 PM
    The Tour is more of a Phone then the Curve is. Curve is more of a Beginners Blackberry. It would be downgrading by getting the Curve
    12-05-09 05:25 PM
    hmmm...never thought of it like that thanks...haha...now should i wait to see if the tour 2 actually comes out before christmas or jus go ahead with the norm?
    12-05-09 05:28 PM
    I thought the new curve had comparable specs to the tour. The main difference is form factor.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-05-09 05:42 PM
    I thought the new curve had comparable specs to the tour. The main difference is form factor.

I think the processor is a little slower and theres no flash.
    12-05-09 05:47 PM
    Actually if your primary use is calls, emails and texting, the Curve will be just as good as the Tour. If you're a power user and want all the bells and whistles, then the Tour will be a better choice. If I were in your situation, I would be waiting for the Essex which rumors say it could be released before 2010 (true or not I don't know). The Tour is a great phone but personally with trackpad and wifi on all BB's from now on, I wouldn't settle for anything less. Being with Bell, we now have the best selection of both cdma (Tour) and gsm (Bold 9700,9000) phones and am thinking of maybe switching to the Bold 9700 but will wait to see when and if Bell gets the Essex.

12-05-09 05:48 PM
    get the tour. When I was making the upgrade decision I had my mind made up to get the older Curve in pink but then I saw the Tour and all it does and had to have the Tour I would go with the Tour the new Curve is a good beginner BB and you will regret not having all the BB a can do
    12-08-09 03:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD