Hi all,

I have some questions on this phone.

When I go to the browser and say my bank page, I can enter my user name and password put it won't let log in. It won't let me click on the login button even. Any help on this would be great.

Second question is, I want to put a PDF file on and read it whenever I want. Is this even possible and if so how do I transfer from my computer to my phone? Do I need to get any applications to make this work?

The last question is, I will be leaving the country and I was told when I bought the phone I can buy calling card in the form of an SD Card. Does this work when I go to Jamaica and where do you buy them?

Thanks in advance if anyone can help me.
    12-09-09 05:21 PM
    #1. That's a limitation of the native browser. Don't know why. But you can use Bolt or opera mini as an alternative for log ins. They are free and available on CB.
    #2. I think you can do this using docs to go but I'm not positive.
    #3. I think they are talking about the Sim card. And yes you can use prepaid Sim cards when you travel internationally as long as your phone is unlocked.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-09-09 05:37 PM
    Hi all,
    The last question is, I will be leaving the country and I was told when I bought the phone I can buy calling card in the form of an SD Card. Does this work when I go to Jamaica and where do you buy them?

Thanks in advance if anyone can help me.
    Yes, you are referring to a SIM card. that makes the phone work, and an SD card holds music/pics/etc - just for future reference.

You can buy SIM cards for other countries carriers at local kiosks (little stands full of drinks, cigs, magazines, etc). They will probably have several different kinds/carriers available and each one probably will have different cards with varying amounts of minutes/texts on it (just get the one with how much data you think you'll use). Just buy one of those and pop 'er into the SIM slot (the vertical slot when you take off the battery cover). You'll now be on their service, so you'll have a different phone number. But at least you can communicate.

This was at least how it worked in western europe, but I think it'd be the same for jamaica.
    Last edited by thosialg08; 12-09-09 at 05:59 PM.
    12-09-09 05:55 PM
    When I go to the browser and say my bank page, I can enter my user name and password put it won't let log in. It won't let me click on the login button even. Any help on this would be great.
    Try to change the browser setting.

BB Browser, Option, Browser Configuration.

Support JavaScript (Uncheck)
    Prompt to enable JavaScript (Check)
    Support HTML Table (Uncheck)
    Use Foreground and Background Colors (Check)
    Use Background Images (Check)
    Support Embedded Media (Uncheck)
    Support Style Sheets (Uncheck)

Go back to the bank page, refresh page to apply new setting.
    12-09-09 05:59 PM
    You will need a third party application to open PDF files stored on the SD card or the device memory. The native software will not do it.
    12-09-09 08:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD