Sorry if this is a lame question but I am new to BB's and just got my tour last week. So far so good.. I finally had time tonight to put the desktop disc in my home computer and I thought it would sync up my emails. But nope. I thought if I deleted on the computer --much quicker for me that it would sync up and delete them on the BB too???

Also I have both home and work email on the BB if that makes a difference?
    TIA!
    08-27-09 08:20 PM
    What do you mean by "sync up my emails"?
    08-27-09 08:21 PM
    Sorry- meaning if I delete an email from the computer it will delete on the BB.
    08-27-09 08:25 PM
    If the computer can't sync up the email accounts is there a way to delete multiple emails vs going through the click, scroll, delete, delete both steps???
    08-28-09 06:12 PM
    The only way to do this to go to the Date Bar itself, hit the menu key, and select "Delete Prior". I would only do this after checking all emails and txt messages, as this will clear all messages in the message folder.
    08-28-09 06:17 PM
    So The Sync feature is only for contacts and calendar?
    I get about 75 to 100 emails a day at work and it is very time consuming to have to delete them individually. Certainly others have this issue too??
    08-28-09 06:40 PM
    Depends on what email client you are using. If outlook, it won't wirelessly sync.

For deleting multiple emails, press and hold ALT while scrolling down, hit delete key on the right. Go to options - general options - confirm delete "no"
    08-28-09 06:43 PM
    You were given all good info on what you want to do and like you were told... If you want to delet mutiple email from your device just make sure you have the date highlighted and hit delete prior and it will delete everything from that date backward(the earliest ones)
    08-28-09 07:04 PM
    Or just select the multiple emails you want to delete by holding alt while selecting the emails.

On my Storm the display is multi touch so I just touch and hilight each email I want to delete then delete.

BlackBerry's get pushed the emails that are sent to you. This is why when you set up an email it will ask you to make sure any of your outlook clients leave a copy of the email on the message server. And when you delete an email it gives you the option to delete it just on your device or on the entire server.

Email >PC>BlackBerry. If you use Outlook and it deletes it off the mail server as it downloads the message to your PC your BlackBerry will not get the email as there will be no email left on the server to push to your device.

Also if you chose delete on mail server when you delete an email off your BlackBerry you won't get it sent to your PC next time you use Outlook to download email.

I keep my email I get on the mailserver seperate on the BB and PC by having outlook keep a copy of the email it downloads to the pc on the mail server. This way all my other devices also get the email. Then you can individually delete or get emails on all your devices.
    08-28-09 07:23 PM
    Thank you for the info! I am off to try it-- but thought I might also clarify alittle I am not trying to wirelessly sync. I inserted my disk into the computer, and hooked up the USB to the BB-- and clicked the button to Sync..
    08-28-09 07:25 PM
    I tried both the delete prior!! WOW that is wonderful!!

And the alt/scroll/delete---hmm that did not work, but someone else had mentioned Shift/scroll/delete AND THAT WORKED!!!

Mrs.spock-- You are speaking a language that I totally don't understand!! hahaha like I said total newbie to all this!!! I can barely send an email on this darn thing!! but I do thank you for trying to explain!
    08-28-09 07:34 PM
    I tried both the delete prior!! WOW that is wonderful!!

And the alt/scroll/delete---hmm that did not work, but someone else had mentioned Shift/scroll/delete AND THAT WORKED!!!

Mrs.spock-- You are speaking a language that I totally don't understand!! hahaha like I said total newbie to all this!!! I can barely send an email on this darn thing!! but I do thank you for trying to explain!
    Not a problem. If you have any questions you can post here or PM me and I'll do my best to help!
    08-28-09 07:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD