Hey guys this is veryyy important.

I plugged in my phone to my PC to find out about an update that just came out. So I downloaded the update and in the middle of installing, it said the Update Failed. The phone shut off and I turned it back on to see a "Reload Software: 507" error with a little icon. Now I did a battery pull thinking it would allow it to start back up, but to no avail. I cannot get anywhere past this screen. So what should I do? Is the phone bricked? Or can this be fixed?

Please help me as my blackberry is my LifeLine at the moment.

Thank you soo much if you help.
    Anthony.
    11-25-09 09:15 AM
    Battery pull in this instance was a wrong thing to do. You can try this, with the DM open, remove battery and hook up deivce, plug in the cable and then insert the battery. You should hear the device chime (you will not see a PIN Number). Try the update again. If you get message that you cannot to the device, then remove the device form cable and reinsert and hit retry.

If this does not work, then search forums on how to recover a bricked blackberry

Good luck.
    11-25-09 09:20 AM
    Battery pull in this instance was a wrong thing to do. You can try this, with the DM open, remove battery and hook up deivce, plug in the cable and then insert the battery. You should hear the device chime (you will not see a PIN Number). Try the update again. If you get message that you cannot to the device, then remove the device form cable and reinsert and hit retry.

If this does not work, then search forums on how to recover a bricked blackberry

Good luck.
    exactly what lastraid said, just search your "error #" msg & you'll come up with plenty of helpful threads
    11-25-09 09:25 AM
    Use AppLoader to install your OS.
    11-25-09 09:26 AM
    Where do I get AppLoader? Sorry im new to the screen.

So its allowing me to "Downgrade". When thats finished, should I do the upgrade?
    11-25-09 09:29 AM
    Where do I get AppLoader? Sorry im new to the screen.

So its allowing me to "Downgrade". When thats finished, should I do the upgrade?
    Right here.
    11-25-09 09:32 AM
    Ok so the downgrade is installing, its giiving me the "transfer" icon on my bb, should I upgrade to the newest version when this is done?
    11-25-09 09:35 AM
    biles beat me to it but this will work pretty much every time. i just had to do it on my phone! and to be honest the new official os update im not impressed i went back to .40 my battery was horrible on .61 so ill pass till 5.0 comes out officially
    11-25-09 09:36 AM
    Ok so I got my contacts back, but now I have no network? Im on Verizons network. Know any fixes?
    Last edited by AJD1993; 11-25-09 at 09:48 AM.
    11-25-09 09:42 AM
    not unless ya have a back up you did in device manager
    11-25-09 09:48 AM
    Ok so I got my contacts back, but now I have no network? Im on Verizons network. Know any fixes?
    did you not do a backup?

Always a good idea to do a backup before you update software. I do one every few days.

Usually DM will create a backup file for you. Search for a *.ipd file. Should be called loaderbackup with the date.
    11-25-09 09:50 AM
    did you not do a backup?

Always a good idea to do a backup before you update software. I do one every few days.

Usually DM will create a backup file for you. Search for a *.ipd file. Should be called loaderbackup with the date.
    Yeh I got all my stuff back except my network? How am I suppose to fix this? I tryed going into settings but its not showing verizon as a choice.
    11-25-09 09:52 AM
    go into network connections and turn it on its probably just turned off
    11-25-09 09:55 AM
    go into network connections and turn it on its probably just turned off
    Thanks, I went to NetWork in "Settings" not "Manage Network Connections". So now im missing the AppCenter and BlackBerry Messenger, and the AppWorld. Should I get them from DM?
    11-25-09 10:00 AM
    you can get app world off the crackberry mobile site and reinstall bbm after ya download app world and install. or try through device manager if ya have everything backed up. that would be the easiest way!

WOOT MY 100TH POST \,,/
    11-25-09 10:03 AM
    App center should be a check box that should have checked I beleive - you may need hook back up to get this. As for BBM and app world.

In your browser go to links in favorites and select blackberry help, there will a link for appworld there. Once installed you can BBM in app world.
    11-25-09 10:05 AM
    So BBM is in AppWorld?
    11-25-09 10:20 AM
    yeah its one of the top free apps
    11-25-09 10:22 AM
    Ok thanks, my network keeps crapping out. But thanks everyone for the help. Saved my life xD
    11-25-09 10:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD