I just got my Tour today and used the Desktop Manager to transfer my data/apps from my Storm to the Tour. Will the same Apps from my Storm work correctly on the Tour or are there different versions of them since the Tour is not touchscreen? Does it matter?

The email is also either not working, or is working VERY slow. The first few times I tried to send a test it said it could not connect to the network, now it looks like it has sent, but I have not received it on the other end. I have also not received the test I sent TO the phone...

Thanks!
    10-21-09 02:30 PM
    i don't know how to answer your second portion regarding emails but the Tour and the Storm are two different phones so the apps cannot be directly transferred. HOWEVER, if you've purchased the apps online from crackberry/mohihand/etc, you should be able to update your account profile to reflect that you have a Tour and update your PIN number, then the apps that are available to the Tour should be there for you to download along w/ the new registration codes (if required).

the only thing i can think of for the email problem is to resend your service books? that can be done by opening the 'email setup' on your bb and then hit the menu key, and select 'resend service books'
    10-21-09 02:47 PM
    Thanks Yellow, when I open the Email Setup it says 'Your Device had a problem connecting to the server' Retry or Cancel If I retry, same thing. Cancel and there are no options, so I push menu and 'resend dervice books' is not an option.

Any other suggestions. I think I am going to delete and re-download all apps.
    10-21-09 02:55 PM
    Log into your BIS account from your computer and try resending the service books that way. Also, make sure that under the mobile network options that you have the Network Technology set to EVDO, not global....

What kind of email account are you trying to setup??

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-21-09 03:07 PM
    rcnathan: under Network Technology, I have GSM/UMTS, 1XEV, and Global. No EVDO.

Its a Gmail Acct.
    10-21-09 03:09 PM
    I found some other threads about this issue, and apparently Verizon's server was down for upgrades. If thats the case now, is everyone else experiencing this as well?

Thanks-
    10-21-09 03:19 PM
    This is a small one, but I am not getting the 'D' by the check mark showing txt msgs have been delivered anymore.

Thanks for the help guys.
    10-21-09 03:28 PM
    the list keeps growing, there is also not a web browser installed?!?! Whats going on here??
    10-21-09 03:45 PM
    Actually now it sounds like you do not have the blackberry internet switched to that PIN number. If you have no browser than you have no internet. Contact verizon....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-21-09 04:08 PM
    rcnathan: under Network Technology, I have GSM/UMTS, 1XEV, and Global. No EVDO.

Its a Gmail Acct.
    Set it to 1XEV.

Goto your setup folder, then goto email settings. Log in with your password and then resend your service books. That'll get your email up and running. Also, got Options, Advanced Options, Host Routing Table, and Register Now.

As for your apps, reinstall them fresh.
    10-21-09 05:10 PM
    Thanks guys/gals! Verizon got everything switched over, so now the internet/email is working fine.

I am about to email the OTA Apps thread to myself and start grabbing some.
    10-21-09 07:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD