Hey whats up guys. I just switched to verizon and got the tour. Im coming from the horrid att service. Im some what in general a phone abuser/connoisseur. Ive had every single big carrier over my lifetime of cell phones. Either by owning them or borrowing them from my friend's cell phone stores (i know friends r gr8 )

History of the phones i can remember: Iphone 2g, Iphone 3g, Iphone 3gs, G1, all the sidekicks, htc fuze, nokia e71, e73, n97, blackberry bold, palm centro; etc. A bunch of other windows phone that arn't worth for me to mention since i detest windows phones b.c IMO they are unstable inferior OS's.

I first switched to verizon and got the droid. The Droid was cool for the first few days. Gr8 Navigation! Absolutely hands down best ive ever used. However, the touch screen is so so. All those reviews saying the touch screen is soo good; etc is a bunch of BS. I was a iphone user. Granted ive never had a phone for more than 3 months (even the iphones). Im used to the quality of the iphone's screen. The responsiveness is just stunning. The Touch screen on the droid's screen was somewhat clunky. Wasn't as smooth or accurate. That also has to do with the OS however.

Now the OS was ok but if you ran a lot of apps and widgets, which is supposedly what the phone is meant to do, it bogs down ALOT, to the point where the phone freezes and you have to restart it. I hated this. My #1 priority in a phone is Service and than stability of the OS. This OS was not stable and it felt like the processor just could not keep up with what the OS wanted it to do. Now i know many people who have no apps and the phone gave them no problems. however, whats the point of having that phone with no apps lol. Oh and battery life is pretty bad with my amount of usage. Also the email was supposedly push but i never received anything immediately. took 15-30 minutes.

So i switched to the droid about 6 days days ago. I had liked the Tour before upgrading to OS 5.0 but now i absolutely love it. Im running 5.0 with the 7.11 hybrid since day 2. One thing i hate with 4.7 was the reboot time. Omfg... thank god 5.0 lowered the reboot.

Battery life has also been stunning. I used meter berry to measure my battery life for today. I sent/recieved 200 texts, 10 emails, 50 bbms, 1 hour of web browsing- google searches, s2ki forum, crackberry, and an essay site. i went from 100% to 20% after going from 10 am- 8:30 am. To me this is absolutely amazing. I know the original curve has like 3 days of battery life or w.e but than again its a curve.

Keyboard is the 2nd best key board i have ever used. I love it. The only other keyboard that i think is better is the Bold's key board. I had an opportunity to try out the bold 2 (9700) and imo didnt feel as good as either the bold or tour. Its felt smaller didnt fit well in my hands. Keep in mind i have sum fat fingers/hands.

Browser.... goddamn i cant wait for BB to get a new real browser. Ive tried opera and bolt and IMO dont really like them. Opera is better than the regular browser by far tho. But i can deal with this b.c im more texting/call/app based.

Apps.. Now this is where i would like some input. I have some basic apps. Ive downloaded both the app world and crack berry's app world. The app's prices is what ive been annoyed by. I understand that iphone apps sell at a much bigger quantity so the prices are going to be less. I guess ive been accustomed to either free or .99 cent apps. But most of the apps i really need have been free or cheap on the BB and droid. However, weather berry or w.e is $10... wtf i can't justify paying that. $3 for meter berry is about my limit but who knows if some apps are realllly worth it id pay. ANy suggestions on good apps?

i have: weather bug, meter berry, facebook, aim, backgrounds, bank of america, ebay, googel maps, score mobile, druglord wars, personal assistant, and thats about it. i Had viigo or w.e that news app was and it slowed the phone down wayyyy to much.

one last thing. Themes are freaking awesome! so much better than any other phone ive had. Droid could only change the background. Iphone couldn't even do that. Jailbroken doesn't count i wont get into why.

Neways Hello for as long as im here. Ill prob get teh tour 2 when it coems out. (i need wifi).
    12-10-09 12:38 AM
    Welcome to the family and enjoy... And if u really want to love ur tour even more install the 5.0.0.230 with hyrbrid 7.12 with the .191 radio... Then you are really going to love it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-10-09 12:52 AM
    Welcome! I am kind of new and I have a tour too
    12-10-09 08:55 AM
    Enjoy the ride!!
    12-10-09 09:10 AM
    Hey whats up guys. I just switched to verizon and got the tour. Im coming from the horrid att service. Im some what in general a phone abuser/connoisseur. Ive had every single big carrier over my lifetime of cell phones. Either by owning them or borrowing them from my friend's cell phone stores (i know friends r gr8 )

History of the phones i can remember: Iphone 2g, Iphone 3g, Iphone 3gs, G1, all the sidekicks, htc fuze, nokia e71, e73, n97, blackberry bold, palm centro; etc. A bunch of other windows phone that arn't worth for me to mention since i detest windows phones b.c IMO they are unstable inferior OS's.

I first switched to verizon and got the droid. The Droid was cool for the first few days. Gr8 Navigation! Absolutely hands down best ive ever used. However, the touch screen is so so. All those reviews saying the touch screen is soo good; etc is a bunch of BS. I was a iphone user. Granted ive never had a phone for more than 3 months (even the iphones). Im used to the quality of the iphone's screen. The responsiveness is just stunning. The Touch screen on the droid's screen was somewhat clunky. Wasn't as smooth or accurate. That also has to do with the OS however.

Now the OS was ok but if you ran a lot of apps and widgets, which is supposedly what the phone is meant to do, it bogs down ALOT, to the point where the phone freezes and you have to restart it. I hated this. My #1 priority in a phone is Service and than stability of the OS. This OS was not stable and it felt like the processor just could not keep up with what the OS wanted it to do. Now i know many people who have no apps and the phone gave them no problems. however, whats the point of having that phone with no apps lol. Oh and battery life is pretty bad with my amount of usage. Also the email was supposedly push but i never received anything immediately. took 15-30 minutes.

So i switched to the droid about 6 days days ago. I had liked the Tour before upgrading to OS 5.0 but now i absolutely love it. Im running 5.0 with the 7.11 hybrid since day 2. One thing i hate with 4.7 was the reboot time. Omfg... thank god 5.0 lowered the reboot.

Battery life has also been stunning. I used meter berry to measure my battery life for today. I sent/recieved 200 texts, 10 emails, 50 bbms, 1 hour of web browsing- google searches, s2ki forum, crackberry, and an essay site. i went from 100% to 20% after going from 10 am- 8:30 am. To me this is absolutely amazing. I know the original curve has like 3 days of battery life or w.e but than again its a curve.

Keyboard is the 2nd best key board i have ever used. I love it. The only other keyboard that i think is better is the Bold's key board. I had an opportunity to try out the bold 2 (9700) and imo didnt feel as good as either the bold or tour. Its felt smaller didnt fit well in my hands. Keep in mind i have sum fat fingers/hands.

Browser.... goddamn i cant wait for BB to get a new real browser. Ive tried opera and bolt and IMO dont really like them. Opera is better than the regular browser by far tho. But i can deal with this b.c im more texting/call/app based.

Apps.. Now this is where i would like some input. I have some basic apps. Ive downloaded both the app world and crack berry's app world. The app's prices is what ive been annoyed by. I understand that iphone apps sell at a much bigger quantity so the prices are going to be less. I guess ive been accustomed to either free or .99 cent apps. But most of the apps i really need have been free or cheap on the BB and droid. However, weather berry or w.e is $10... wtf i can't justify paying that. $3 for meter berry is about my limit but who knows if some apps are realllly worth it id pay. ANy suggestions on good apps?

i have: weather bug, meter berry, facebook, aim, backgrounds, bank of america, ebay, googel maps, score mobile, druglord wars, personal assistant, and thats about it. i Had viigo or w.e that news app was and it slowed the phone down wayyyy to much.

one last thing. Themes are freaking awesome! so much better than any other phone ive had. Droid could only change the background. Iphone couldn't even do that. Jailbroken doesn't count i wont get into why.

Neways Hello for as long as im here. Ill prob get teh tour 2 when it coems out. (i need wifi).
    welcome.

p.s. are you hott?
    12-10-09 01:18 PM
    Welcome! Its amazing how many Droid owners are switching the Blackberry's again.. I read at least a dozen threads per day on various forums from owners of Droids dumping them for Blackberry's.

Tour Tour is a beast, I love this phone and glad you love your phone as well!
    12-10-09 01:25 PM
    welcome.

p.s. are you hott?
    u do realize im a dude right?
    12-10-09 01:45 PM
    LOL!!!!!!!!! ha, CREEPY ALERT! CREEPY ALERT!
    12-10-09 02:06 PM
    Lmao^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    12-10-09 02:08 PM
    Welcome! Enjoy Crackberry, it will keep you occupied for hours!
    12-10-09 02:20 PM
    Welcome to the Tour. I switched from the Bold too and took a few weeks to adjust from the extra space (keyboard/screen).

Anyways, I love the phone in all respects. Still don't have the courage to move up to OS 5.0. Anyways, here are a bunch of apps that you might like.

Facebook - RIM's Facebook App. A no brainer if you use FB regularly
    Twitter - SocialScope or Vodafone Update if you want a integrated Twitter and Facebook app
    Weather - BerryWeather, hands down the best. The $10 is actually justifiable, but it's discounted very frequently.
    Chat - Google Talk, AIM, Windows Live Messenger, Yahoo Messenger by RIM all work great. Don't waste money buying those combined chat apps.
    RSS - Arr!SS is my favorite because it's simple and small and gets the job done
    Sports - ScoreMobile, nough said.
    Browser - BOLT 1.6 is wicked fast and renders full (non mobile) webpages in perfection.
    Visual Voicemail - YouMail, nough said.
    Online radio - Pandora is my favorite. Slacker is also popular too.

I also use free apps from Dictionary.com, Amazon, eBay.

Some utility apps:
    - CameraMuteApp - turns off the camera shutter sound
    - Shazam - for identifying music as its playing
    - Blurts - connects your phone to your computer so you can answer calls, receive emails/texts through Bluetooth
    - Google Maps - best maps app
    - Google Mobile Search - no brainer for searching
    - QuickPull Free - for daily automated reboots
    - RingScheduler - automatically changes sounds profiles by your custom schedule (must have app)
    - BerryBuzz - for custom LED color (must have app)
    12-10-09 02:24 PM
    Welcome, to the ultimate community of thumbing at it's best.
    The Blackberry Tour is the sh!t!!!!!!!!

12-10-09 02:41 PM
    u do realize im a dude right?

Too Funny!! Welcome to Crackberry!!
    12-10-09 02:46 PM
    Welcome to the greatest Blackberry site around, enjoy your stay.
    12-10-09 04:20 PM
    I just got my new tour the other day as well. Didn't upgrade to the leaked 5.0 yet but absolutely love the keyboard, especially since I'm coming from a Storm1.

12-10-09 04:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD