ok, this is my FIRST BB and i needed to know a couple of things...
    is it possible to add Multiple themes? i was in the Crackberry store and saw some themes i really liked =), and i would like to have more than one... and what basic 'mods' are a must for the Tour?.. i had my HTC to my likings, i rarely keep factory settings on stuff like messaging, splash screens, etc etc... i just wanna know what the first things i can or should do to my phone once i receive it tomorrow .. also i am on the Sprint network... thanks for ANY help and or suggestions..
    10-26-09 06:04 PM
    you can put as many themes on your phone as you want, but can only "use" one at a time.

basic mods include: apps, themes, website launchers, etc.
    good luck and welcome to CB!
    10-26-09 06:08 PM
    I agree. It takes time to set things up to your liking.
    10-26-09 06:17 PM
    Welcome! As SofaKingKev said, you can have multiple themes installed. Your currently installed ones can be found under Options -> Theme. You can select which you would like to be active from there. By default on the Tour, the only theme is the Precision Zen theme.

As for mods, I would suggest installing BBM 5.0. You can do so from App World (carriers typically include a link for App World in their service books so have a look around for it, possibly in the Downloads folder) or by going to blackberry.com/messenger from your Tour's browser. From there move on to other apps (i.e. Google Talk, Facebook, etc...) that you'd like to have. Many users download a 3rd party browser to compliment the default one. Opera Mini and Bolt are popular options. There are many programs in the Crackberry Store to deepen functionality and introduce entirely new features.

Once you have your apps in place, modify the notification profiles to your liking. The BlackBerry segments it's notifications into profiles. The default notifications are a combination of vibrations and buzzes. There are many default sounds to choose from and you can certainly add your own.

Simply browsing through the Options menu will show you a lot of what can be changed on your BlackBerry. A common mod is to add things to the AutoText list to speed up your typing.

Once you're comfortable, you can look into upgrading your OS. There are often leaked and hybrid versions of the OS available here to download and run.

I don't know how much you were looking for but there are a few ideas. If you have more questions, you're in the right place! Also be sure to check out the BlackBerry 101 Lecture Series under BlackBerry Help here on CrackBerry.
    10-26-09 06:34 PM
    I would say one of the most important mods beyond what is mentioned here is to adjust your Browser settings.
    (I'll try to come back and paste in the thread address, but it's called "Browser Page Tiny?")

Beyond that, I would say you should learn all of the Shortcuts built into most full-Qwerty BBs, including your new Tour.
    There's a great CB 101 tutorial on this:
    BlackBerry 101 - Beginners Guide to Keyboard Shortcuts | CrackBerry.com
    � plus a few great threads as well.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by elite1; 10-26-09 at 07:37 PM.
    10-26-09 07:34 PM
    thanks, i appreciate all the input..and i AM searching this forum..its my first time officially roaming this site, and it is a little overwhelming.. but i know i'll get the hang of it soon... anymore input greatly appreciated once again =D
    10-26-09 09:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD