Searched for something similar, but unable to find anything. Forgive me if this has been addressed. I have the BB Tour and have a new message icon on my screen - however, none of my accounts have any messages listed at all! Has anyone else encountered this problem? I have rebooted the device, etc., but each time the new message indicator returns.

How can I find this "hidden" message!?

Thanks for your help.
    08-07-09 08:03 PM
    08-07-09 08:06 PM
    No - I looked at your icon- not sure what it is. Mine is the envelope with the red star on it - indicating a new message. But when I search for the message there is nothing there! Good luck on finding out what your means!
    08-07-09 08:09 PM
    I just recently had the same issue on my Storm. I tried everything, marking all as read by selecting the date banner at the top and selecting 'mark prior as read' in the BB menu, i tried the 'u' keyboard shortcut to show all unread messages, i even deleted a bunch of messages. nothing worked until i unhid my outgoing messages (general options from BB menu while in messages list). for whatever reason, something i sent got marked as unread, and that is what was being displayed.
    08-07-09 08:27 PM
    You mention that you've restarted the phone, but how did you do that? Did you do a battery pull, or just use the End Call button until it went dark?

Pull the battery if you haven't. I've had this several times on my Curve, and each time that's what got rid of it. Good luck!
    08-07-09 08:30 PM
    Figured it out! On the main menu screen I selected "show all" and voila, there was another message icon (don't ask me how it got there!), with an unread message in it! Thanks for the replies!
    08-07-09 09:18 PM
    I just encountered the same issue...in my case I found that the "hidden" messages were located in the saved messages folder.
    08-18-09 03:26 PM
    Tifoso your new message indicator is from blackberry appworld telling you that you have an update available to some piece of software that you installed through appworld.
    08-18-09 03:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD