Hello All -

After reading these great forums for several months, I have decided to join the ranks of registered members and hope to some day be able to contribute and help others. For now, I need some help and advice.

I currently use the Verizon World Phone (8830) with BES. I expect to be in line Sunday morning (the 12th) to snag the Tour and use my NE2 discount.

A couple of questions -

1. I would ideally like to back up the large number of emails presently on my 8830, as well as contacts, calendar, bookmarks, and several applications. We do not have in-house IT, so I have to go it alone. What is the best way to proceed? Do I first connect the 8830, run a full backup, and then connect the Tour and run a full restore? If so, when in that process do I "switch" to the Tour as the active device on the BES? If I don't want to back up all the information on the 8830, do I delete it first? If so, is that best to delete data on the device or while connected to Desktop Manager. I am currently running Desktop Manager V 4.7 and Device OS 4.5.0.135. I have read that it may be best to re-install applications, in which case I guess I should delete them all and do a reinstall after the Tour is the active device?

2. I do not connect/synch my Blackberry to my home PCs, but that is where all my music is stored. If I want to copy my iTunes music to the Tour (and perhaps eliminate iPod use entirely), what is the best way to get the music to the Tour?

Thanks in advance for any and all advice!
    07-08-09 02:48 PM
    If you're using BES jus do a reload and then do an enterprise activation. It'll push everything back onto the new phone. I'm not sure about the apps, bu I think they'll transfer over as well.
    07-08-09 02:53 PM
    If you're using BES jus do a reload and then do an enterprise activation. It'll push everything back onto the new phone. I'm not sure about the apps, bu I think they'll transfer over as well.
    Sorry to be dense about this. I do know how to do an enterprise activation, but what is a "reload?"
    07-08-09 03:14 PM
    Don't use media sync for music, just drag and drop with the BB as it shows as another device on your PC
    07-08-09 03:19 PM
    Sorry to be dense about this. I do know how to do an enterprise activation, but what is a "reload?"
    Use desktop manager to back up your old device and then restore to new BlackBerry. You will then need to do enterprise activation on new device.
    07-08-09 03:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD