I just got my replacement Tour in mail yesterday (green dot). Working so much better; however, the battery seems to be draining extremely fast! And this is the original battery from the original phone, which was having no issues in that one.

Batterry was 100% last night & had it on while reinstalling apps. Drained to 65% but I figured with all the rebooting, maybe that wasn't so strange. This morning, sent about 10 txt msgs or BBMs, nothing more - didn't even talk on phone, and within a couple hours it dropped down to 20% and shortly there after was showing a red battery indicator.

Anyone else experiencing battery problems on new/replacement Tour using the original battery?
    08-28-09 11:04 AM
    I was thinking the same thing with my Green Dot Replacement. Same battery from my old phone but this phone seems to lose 4-5% battery every 30 minutes of just sitting doing nothing. With my old phone, doing nothing all day would still keep 95% charge at least. However, I have installed berry weather and I know that stays on and updates every 30 minutes. (It's the only program that stays on outside of the 5 standard). It could be the culprit but i read on the forums that people had no battery issues with that program. I plan on testing out this theory tomorrow by shutting off berry weather and seeing how the battery lasts throughout the day.
    08-28-09 11:23 AM
    My Green Dot tour drains the battery just as fast as my previous Tour.
    08-28-09 11:25 AM
    I was thinking the same thing with my Green Dot Replacement. Same battery from my old phone but this phone seems to lose 4-5% battery every 30 minutes of just sitting doing nothing. With my old phone, doing nothing all day would still keep 95% charge at least. However, I have installed berry weather and I know that stays on and updates every 30 minutes. (It's the only program that stays on outside of the 5 standard). It could be the culprit but i read on the forums that people had no battery issues with that program. I plan on testing out this theory tomorrow by shutting off berry weather and seeing how the battery lasts throughout the day.
    Maybe the batteries were also defective? lol seems highly unlikely but what a coincidence that would be. Were you also just at home? maybe location is playing a factor into how hard is has to fight to keep a signal, etc.
    08-28-09 11:39 AM
    Well for those that are also experiencing battery trouble, I don't have GPS turned on (911 only) and am not using any apps that should be draining it, i.e., no weather apps or GPS apps that might be requesting updates every so often, etc.

Doubt it's the battery itself as it worked totally fine on original phone. Would be able to talk/txt/game/internet, etc & batter would last me a good 2 days.

Just fully charged it again & turned it back on (noted the time). We'll see how long it lasts this time.....
    08-28-09 11:56 AM
    What is the green dot?
    08-28-09 04:28 PM
    I thought the same thing, I am testing now. I did notice that the label on the new battery was different, not the graphics but the new label seems gritty while the old one was smooth. Conspiracy theorists unite.
    08-28-09 04:43 PM
    My build was august 2nd Canada 1 or whatever and I charged my battery fully last night and talked at least 30-45 minutes and had been using BBM about every hour at about 5 messages each time. I had the phone off the charger for about 12 hours and it had 45%.
    08-28-09 05:03 PM
    So far I've had no problems with mine
    08-29-09 09:29 PM
    I'm getting my new Tour on Tuesday. I will also check it out with 2 different batteries.
    08-30-09 05:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD