I just used my upgrade on the verizon blackberry tour 9630, I'm a big texter and absolutely LOVED my env2! Any helpful hints? Advice to a new user? I actually will not get my phone till next week.
    01-16-10 09:51 AM
    Best advice is to read the Blackberry 101 series here on CB and read around the site. you will learn a lot this way.
    01-16-10 10:00 AM
    Also read the FAQ stickied at the top of this forum
    01-16-10 10:11 AM
    Just my opinion, but don't go wild downloading applications and "toys" for the phone. Ask around, read up, and download only the ones you will use frequently and that will improve what you get out of the phone. Downloading boats loads of them onto your device slows everything up and steals up your precious device memory!

Soon 5.0 will be out too so you will have threaded SMS. If you're an avid SMS users as you say, you should like that! Enjoy the tour. Its the best.
    01-16-10 10:14 AM
    thank you, how do i access the 101 series? FAQ stickied at the top... hmmm

WHAT ARE YOUR FAVORITE APPS?
    01-16-10 10:48 AM
    I dont use many apps at the moment.....one is the google synch which allows you to synch all your google contacts with your BB as well as calendar. That was a must for my phone
    01-16-10 11:03 AM
    For the 101 series look here:

blackberry 101
    01-16-10 11:05 AM
    So normally on verizon I have the back up assistant for all my phone #s, super easy getting new phone, install the app and all the phone #s appear and update. how will i get all my #s from env2 to the tour?
    01-16-10 11:20 AM
    So normally on verizon I have the back up assistant for all my phone #s, super easy getting new phone, install the app and all the phone #s appear and update. how will i get all my #s from env2 to the tour?
    Bring both devices to the store and have them switch them over. After that, use GOOGLE SYNC to backup your contacts...
    01-16-10 11:26 AM
    Backup assist will not work with advanced devices. From the VZW website you can see your contacts online. There you export them to an excel csv file and import them into outlook and them sync them to the phone. Another option might be (if the store still has the machine to do it), is to have them move them for you.
    01-16-10 11:28 AM
    Themes - what are some good themes out for the Tour that you all like?
    01-16-10 12:34 PM
    Just my opinion, but don't go wild downloading applications and "toys" for the phone. Ask around, read up, and download only the ones you will use frequently and that will improve what you get out of the phone. Downloading boats loads of them onto your device slows everything up and steals up your precious device memory!

Soon 5.0 will be out too so you will have threaded SMS. If you're an avid SMS users as you say, you should like that! Enjoy the tour. Its the best.
    ???? Im running 20 apps on my phone and still have 105 mb of memory and my phone runs as fast as when i got it. The tour has plenty of memory for owners not have to worry.
    01-16-10 12:58 PM
    ???? Im running 20 apps on my phone and still have 105 mb of memory and my phone runs as fast as when i got it. The tour has plenty of memory for owners not have to worry.
    chetman - which apps are you running? suggestions?
    01-16-10 01:23 PM
    Suggestions. ...ummm. If you plan on taking lots of pictures/videos/music get a memory card. I currently have a 8gig which should hold the average user. I have around 1000 songs and still have 4 gig left.
    Apps I'm running. Where do I even start
    Cell seeker. Berrybuzz pro. Facebook. Docs to go. Pandora. Numb thumb. Dine n dash 2. Flashlight. Operamini beta 2. Youmail visual. Add to contact. Bbm. Weatherbug pro. Vcast song id. Berry slider. Quickpull. Flikster. Berry app world Loaded 3 themes

The point I'm getting across. Load what u want. Tour has plenty of memory. As in running speed, not going to say all phones are like this but mine still runs lightning fast. No lag no hiccups.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-16-10 02:43 PM
    Should've waited for Tour 2!

01-16-10 02:47 PM
    Should've waited for Tour 2 at this point!

01-16-10 02:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD