Greetings Crackberry folks,

I used to be on here under a different login name but I forgot the password and my email account I had the password retrieval and login in name retrieval was hijacked so I am now Sharp802.

I just got back into the Blackberry scene after a few years. My last berry was a Storm 1 for Verizon(for 2 months).

I got a Verizon Tour brand new in sealed box from a raffle. It was donated by the local Verizon store.

I wet ahead and unlocked it via code from Cellunlock.net to use on AT&T and then set it up to work on AT&T and it works well. I then downloaded the Opera Mini Browser and updated to 5.0

I also got what appears to be one of the last Otterboxs for the Tour in my area.($50 but well worth it)

I do have a few questions for you kind and knowledgeable folks.

1. When I talk on the phone the screen backlight and the keyboard backlight go out but the Call, Menu,Back and end call buttons along with the trackball stay lit. Is this normal? Is there away to shut it off?

2. The phone was the version without the camera.(which was good for me because I could take it into court last week for jury duty instead of having to leave it in my car and in my job which don't allow camera phones)
    I notice it did not come with a memory card. The slot was there but not the card (which I bought) nor was there any headphones. The box was sealed with the round clear seal so I know I was the first to open it. Is this normal on the non camera versions(no memory card and headphone goodness)?

3. Other then the trackball, is there any potential issues that crop up on these phones? I had a brief encounter with the Storm1 while on T-Mobile (in late 2009) and I kept getting a New Circuit Available notification which seems to be common on T-Mobile. I now have AT&T and wondered if this issue was solved?

Thanks much for your help
    06-12-10 06:23 PM
    To answer your questions...
    1. Yes this is normal.. Mine lit up like that all the time. I never looked for a setting to change it because it never bothered me. But i am sure someone else will have a better answer.

2. I have the camera version and mine did come with memory card + headphones. I thought most blackberries did.

3. The only issue I had with my tour was the trackball. My keyboard died but that one was my fault.
    06-12-10 06:55 PM
    1. I've never found a way to turn that off with the options the OS provides. There may be a 3rd party app to allow for control of backlighting, but I can't help with that a bit, as I've never looked.

2. Can't help here either, except perhaps to suggest going to the VZW website and looking up the phone in their list and seeing what it lists for "included accessories".

3. I've never had a problem with my Tour. I do periodically clean the trackball (paper method mainly) as preventive maintenance though.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-12-10 08:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD