Just placed my order through Verizon for my very first Blackberry and I cannot wait...my Tour is on it's way!

Now the question is, what is all the stuff I need to know to be up and running with it? LOL

How to determine accessories such as chargers, case covers, battery or memory upgrade, etc.?

Any and all feedback appreciated
    08-31-09 04:48 PM
    Um if you are just looking for the basics this phone alone is all you need

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-31-09 04:51 PM
    Congtats on the Tour. The best thing to do is look around the site for all your info. Its hard to tell you because there is so much to these phones.
    08-31-09 04:54 PM
    just got mine today and love it just deciding on a case
    08-31-09 04:56 PM
    got mine a few weeks ago and LOVE IT.. there's nothing about it i don't like. ur gonna love it.
    08-31-09 04:57 PM
    I just ordered my Tour. So far I have also bought 3 Epik gel cases from ebay, Clarivue screen protectors, 2 charging pods and a car charger. I think I'm good to go!

08-31-09 05:03 PM
    It depends, for myself I put the phantomskinz on and its a fantastic way to protect your phone from getting scratched and then I put it in a pouch just for general safety and sleeper mode

08-31-09 05:10 PM
    I just got my Tour Saturday and love it. I just have the holster/pouch it comes with and another one I bought from Verizon.
    08-31-09 05:33 PM
    Congratz on getting yur first BB...welcome to the addiction! Hmm I suggest the 1st thing u get is a silicone or rubber case
    08-31-09 05:55 PM
    Seidio Innocase I or II is a must! Get their screen protector while your at it and you are set!
    08-31-09 07:50 PM
    Hello and Welcome to Crackberry!
    08-31-09 07:52 PM
    I just ordered my Tour. So far I have also bought 3 Epik gel cases from ebay, Clarivue screen protectors, 2 charging pods and a car charger. I think I'm good to go!

epik is an awesome case but you should be aware that they come with a great screenprotector. They go on perfectly the first time with zero air bubbles (not even minuscule)

08-31-09 08:02 PM
    Which case did you go with? I was considering the invisibleShield.

just got mine today and love it just deciding on a case
    09-01-09 06:33 PM
    Is phantomskinz like InvisibleShield?

It depends, for myself I put the phantomskinz on and its a fantastic way to protect your phone from getting scratched and then I put it in a pouch just for general safety and sleeper mode

09-01-09 06:42 PM
    Thanks! Yeah, I cannot believe I held off this long, but figured when my phone contract came up for renewal, time to take the plunge

I was actually going to go with the InvisibleShield? Comments/suggestions on it?

Congratz on getting yur first BB...welcome to the addiction! Hmm I suggest the 1st thing u get is a silicone or rubber case
    09-01-09 06:44 PM
    Phantom Skinz is where its at. I have it for my Tour and it works and looks great. Don't get me wrong, I've seen Invisible Shield and it will get the job done, but Phantom Skinz is a much higher quality product. If you order online you can usually get discounts and they will send you 2 kits in the package in case you mess up the install the first time around. I've gone with Phantom Skinz on both my Tour and my Storm and they have never let me down. But to each his own.....

Good luck with your Tour. Its a great phone. I love mine
    09-02-09 01:54 PM
    Ended up going with Invisible Shield and it should be here tomorrow; the Tour arrived today

Does the lack of WiFi make much difference to you?

Phantom Skinz is where its at. I have it for my Tour and it works and looks great. Don't get me wrong, I've seen Invisible Shield and it will get the job done, but Phantom Skinz is a much higher quality product. If you order online you can usually get discounts and they will send you 2 kits in the package in case you mess up the install the first time around. I've gone with Phantom Skinz on both my Tour and my Storm and they have never let me down. But to each his own.....

Good luck with your Tour. Its a great phone. I love mine
    09-02-09 08:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD