Hello... I got my very first BB yesterday, it's the Tour. I've never used a BB so it's all new to me. I'm trying to import my contacts and don't want to sit and type them all in on the BB can the Desktop software allow you to input at the computer and sync with the BB? I can't do the backup stuff with verizon as we merged to verizonw from Alltel so all that stuff isn't available.

Thanks for your help and input!
    Melissa
    07-23-09 05:41 AM
    Take your old phone to the store and have then transfer them over. Or if your contacts are in outlook use desktop manager and sync them.

Also welcome to the addiction.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-23-09 06:21 AM
    Hello... I got my very first BB yesterday, it's the Tour. I've never used a BB so it's all new to me. I'm trying to import my contacts and don't want to sit and type them all in on the BB can the Desktop software allow you to input at the computer and sync with the BB? I can't do the backup stuff with verizon as we merged to verizonw from Alltel so all that stuff isn't available.

Thanks for your help and input!
    Melissa
    I highly recommend that you hand type all your contacts into either Outlook if you have do not have Outlook, hand type them all into a GMail account.

If you go the Outlook route, then you can sync Outlook with your BB through desktop manager.

If you go the GMail route, you can download an app from mobile.google.com called google sync. This app will over the air sync all your contacts.

If you go either route, it is a nice way to have a back up of all your contacts incase something happens to your blackberry.
    07-23-09 06:31 AM
    Bah to the typing have the store txfr them. Then when you sync they will be in outlook and on your bb

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-23-09 07:38 AM
    Thanks for the info... I think I'll do the gmail thing since I have it already just need to type them in. Thanks.. I'm sure I'll have a ton more questions as I learn more about the BB
    07-23-09 08:47 AM
    if you are going from a non-smartphone to a smartphone (BB Tour in this case), a verizon wireless store should do this for free for you. My g/f just had it done today. CSR stated over the phone that bc BB does not have a "get it now" back up app like the non-smartphones, that there is no way for the customer to transfer it free of charge over the air. Might be worth a shot. Save you some typing, and then just sync it back to your desktop once it's been done.
    07-23-09 12:09 PM
    I agree. Just have the store transfer your contacts. Then install Desktop Manager 5.0, the OS software for the Tour, and set up your email through MS Outlook. Set Desktop Manager to synch your contacts and calendar, that's what I do.

If you need help, just PM or BlackBerry Messenger me and I'll help you out. My PIN is listed above.
    07-23-09 12:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD