very excited about the tour - had it for a couple of days with VZW, having alot of fun with it. but i feel like im not using it to its full potential....

so far i installed:
    Viigo
    Google Maps
    Gmail
    Facebook
    Slacker
    QuickPull
    Shazam
    Weathereye

ordered 8GB microSDHC to use as a music player (retiring the ipod touch)

i just feel like that there is so much more i can do with this, and am not using it to its full potential. what do seasoned users recommend?
    07-16-09 03:26 PM
    Well use it for what you like to do. I'm into texting and twitter alot so that's pretty much all I do except for using pandora and basic media stuff.
    07-16-09 03:27 PM
    im coming from a dumbphone, so all i could really do was call and text. going to a berry opens a whole world of possibilities, i feel overwhelmed, lol
    07-16-09 03:29 PM
    I use it for:

-Live Search: Check traffic on the way to/from work. Get directions.
    -Viigo: Something to read while sitting in the car
    -Live Messenger/BBM/ETC: Chat with friends
    -Tethering: Connect my laptop to the internet at work or on travel.
    - Browsing: Browsing some sites on the internet. Sometimes change the settings on my DVR at home to record something.
    - Emails: Self explanatory
    - Slacker: Self explanatory
    - Facebook: Self explanatory
    07-16-09 03:32 PM
    Welcome to the addiction lol

You can pretty much do whatever you like on a blackberry, especially this blackberry.

Seems like you have a nice amount of apps to mess around with. As times goes on there will me much more.

I basically use mine as a mini computer when I am away from work or my home office.

I am also a freelance writer so I tend to use memos a lot to keep ideas down.

I tend to use my berry more for work and personal productivity than for games and media (I also carry around my iPod Touch around with me for that). So aside from work stuff and tethering (using it as a modem for my laptop) I have mobile checkbook and finance apps, organizer apps, alongside most of the apps that you mentioned. I also use ubertwitter.
    07-16-09 03:32 PM
    its definitely addicting.... i just love the way it feels in my hands. i had a palm pre for about 3 weeks before returning to VZ and getting the tour. it just feels so nice and solidly built, makes it a pleasure to use.
    07-16-09 03:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD