New to BB questions...
Hey guys, I just got the tour and it's my first BlackBerry. So far I've really been enjoying it but I just have a few general questions I haven't been able to figure out.
1. For those who don't use the holster - when using your phone on and off throughout the day (texting friends etc..) on downtime between messages, when you go to place your phone in your pocket do you put it on keyboard lock or standby mode?
2. Is there a way to delete all SMS/MMS messages in the inbox? Or do I have to go and delete them all individually to clean things up?
3. Is there a way to automatically delete the old message or send receipt upon receiving a new reply? Since the previous 7 or so messages are included in the response, it gets pointless to have the old copies remaining in the inbox and causing things to get cluttered.
I really appreciate any help guys! Thanks.
- CrackBerry Master
07-15-09, 03:29 PM #2
- 1,388 Posts
- IT TO WIN IT
1. I usually just put it in standby when i put in my pocket
2. Go all the way to the top of your messages and hit the bb button and select delete prior
3. I'm not sure I turn the send receipts off but usuallly have a bunch of texts till i delete them
- CrackBerry Abuser
07-15-09, 03:46 PM #5
- 350 Posts
BB menu key, choose the "close" option.Remember, if you ever need a helping hand, it's at the end of your arm. As you get older, remember you have another hand- the first is to help yourself, the second is to help others. (Audrey Hepburn)
Do you guys typically close out of all apps if you aren't expecting to use them in the near future? (such as Camera, Setup, TwitterBerry, Music, Browser, etc)
And what exactly does standby mode change? That's different from like keyboard lock?
Last edited by iamchrisc; 07-15-09 at 05:00 PM.
- CrackBerry Addict
07-15-09, 05:16 PM #8
- 809 Posts
Since I am now waiting on my SPE Side holster to arrive (they released them today which is great since I love this holster). I use my storms side pouch but put it in standby mode.
Standby mode is better for in pocket etc, because hitting the keys will not turn your screen on. In key lock, if you push a key, the screen will light up. You don't want that if you are trying to conserve your battery.