CrackBerry Newbie

Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default New to BB questions...

Hey guys, I just got the tour and it's my first BlackBerry. So far I've really been enjoying it but I just have a few general questions I haven't been able to figure out.

1. For those who don't use the holster - when using your phone on and off throughout the day (texting friends etc..) on downtime between messages, when you go to place your phone in your pocket do you put it on keyboard lock or standby mode?

2. Is there a way to delete all SMS/MMS messages in the inbox? Or do I have to go and delete them all individually to clean things up?

3. Is there a way to automatically delete the old message or send receipt upon receiving a new reply? Since the previous 7 or so messages are included in the response, it gets pointless to have the old copies remaining in the inbox and causing things to get cluttered.

I really appreciate any help guys! Thanks.
    CrackBerry Master

PIN
    IT TO WIN IT

1. I usually just put it in standby when i put in my pocket

2. Go all the way to the top of your messages and hit the bb button and select delete prior

3. I'm not sure I turn the send receipts off but usuallly have a bunch of texts till i delete them
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by iamchrisc View Post
    Hey guys, I just got the tour and it's my first BlackBerry. So far I've really been enjoying it but I just have a few general questions I haven't been able to figure out.

3. Is there a way to automatically delete the old message or send receipt upon receiving a new reply? Since the previous 7 or so messages are included in the response, it gets pointless to have the old copies remaining in the inbox and causing things to get cluttered.

I really appreciate any help guys! Thanks.
    If you delete the prior messages they will no longer show up in the history of 7 messages...
    CrackBerry Newbie

While we are asking newbi questions...What is the best way to close an application such as e-mail, text messaging, Twittrberry, and any thing else?
    Thank you!
    CrackBerry Abuser

BB menu key, choose the "close" option.
    Remember, if you ever need a helping hand, it's at the end of your arm. As you get older, remember you have another hand- the first is to help yourself, the second is to help others. (Audrey Hepburn)
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN

Most apps will shut down if you press and hold the back key too

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Newbie

Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

Do you guys typically close out of all apps if you aren't expecting to use them in the near future? (such as Camera, Setup, TwitterBerry, Music, Browser, etc)

And what exactly does standby mode change? That's different from like keyboard lock?
    Last edited by iamchrisc; 07-15-2009 at 05:00 PM.
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by iamchrisc View Post
    Do you guys typically close out of all apps if you aren't expecting to use them in the near future? (such as Camera, Setup, TwitterBerry, Music, Browser, etc)

And what exactly does standby mode change? That's different from like keyboard lock?
    I try to keep my apps closed out. Typically just hold the back button to close them out. I also check open apps every once in a while by holding the BB button on the main screen.

Since I am now waiting on my SPE Side holster to arrive (they released them today which is great since I love this holster). I use my storms side pouch but put it in standby mode.

Standby mode is better for in pocket etc, because hitting the keys will not turn your screen on. In key lock, if you push a key, the screen will light up. You don't want that if you are trying to conserve your battery.