Has anyone used a Nes Emulator on their Tour yet? If so which one and how does it work? What games do you have?
    08-10-09 07:09 PM
    I'm curious about this as well. I'd love to have it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-10-09 08:04 PM
    Anybody? Hello
    08-10-09 08:19 PM
    bump bump bump
    08-11-09 07:32 PM
    NOt sure too many people know of it yet alone have it. Why dont you DL and post your results
    08-11-09 07:43 PM
    nope, but it would prob really suck on ur phone anyway

go buy a psp, mod it, get a mem stick, and play the emulators on that
    08-11-09 08:00 PM
    nope, but it would prob really suck on ur phone anyway

go buy a psp, mod it, get a mem stick, and play the emulators on that
    I don't want to have to do that. It would be nice if I could do it on the blackberry.
    08-13-09 06:58 PM
    where can i DL the emulator? I'll try it if someone gives me the link..
    08-13-09 07:39 PM
    Honestly I havent seen an updated emulator for blackberry in general since berrynes I used that on the 8330 and it was slow laggy and no sound. If there is a new one out though id love to try it out
    09-07-09 02:43 AM
    I tried it...I can't seem to get the NES Emulator on my Tour...I would love to know if someone else tried this as well.
    09-11-09 12:57 AM
    It really would be sweet to play some nes.. if not snes games on my blackberry.. hey my tour is pretty fast.. should be able to handle it.. I caught myself thinking this just a couple days ago and figured I would give it a search. Low and behold im not the only one.. here is the story of my newblet journey.

So as you all may know there is what is called "berrynes". This seems to be a recompiled version of the j2me version of vampnet's vnes "shoehorned" to work on a blackberry. And it does function.. If you do some searching you can find the download for this at pinstack.com after registering.

The good thing about this is that it actually works! However it does run a bit sluggishly.. actually quite sluggishly. But on my tour with the speed setting at 9 and the keys mapped in a way that controls it easily. It is playable.. But most of the games don't work.. and there is no way to add/remove games to the compiled program.

If you're interested in trying this so far, what you do is find the download at pinstack, download the zip file, unzip the file. There are 3 files in the zip file. 1. the alx file used to install the program via the application loader in the blackberry desktop manager. 2. the program and 3. the crack to unlock the demo to the full version. So to install it you just open up your blackberry desktop manager, click application loader, click browse, locate the ALX file, next next so forth and its loaded on your blackberry. Then when you go to play, you'll have to input the codes for the registration under the "activate" menu, then go to play the game. And when you do. Push your blackberry button for the menu and hit "keymap" and map each key you want . example W = up S=down A=left D=right K=A L=B and start and select etc etc. Then you can play the games. Also tinker with the video settings.. I found 9 to be the best.. and the rest of the functions really didnt do anything.

so basically.. the screen is small, it plays slowly, and you cant add games. But I figured that it being slow wouldn't matter all that much for an rpg game.. such *** FF1.. Dragon warrior.. etc etc. So I set out to try and compile this thing myself.. and so far this is what I have learned by lots of searching and whatnot, I havn't got it quite working.. I'm not sure what the guy that made the "berrynes" did differently, but perhaps someone more tech savvy than me can figure it out.

Basically First you need the J2ME version of VNES available for free download from vampnet. Now this comes with a handy dandy little batch file used to compile the emulator+roms into a .jar file, as well as a straight forward "readme" about how to do this. Once you have this, then you can convert the .jar file into a .cod file and deploy it to your blackberry. You'll need to download and install (if not already) the Java JDK, and the Blackberry JDE. To recompile the .jar file into a .cod file. You'll have to open up your command prompt (start menu - run - cmd \ command... whatever in vista you just type cmd or command into the little search box after you hit your start menu) once your in your command prompt, You have to redirect to the Blackberry JDE bin. So Assuming you used the defaults during installation, it should look something like:

CD C:\program files\research in motion\blackberry jde 4.7.0\bin

once your in there use the rapc program to rebuild the .jar by typing

rapc import="c:\Program Files\Research in Motion\Blackberry JDE 4.7.0\lib\net_rim_api.jar" codename=vnes -midlet vnes.jar

(before you do this you need to put your vnes.jar file you made earlier into your \bin folder..)

Anyways this should pop out a cool little vnes.cod file. Now basically I just tried using this in lieu of the "berrynes.cod". I just opened up the AXL in wordpad and changed the names. Or just change the name of your new vnes.cod to berrynes.cod and that should work just the same. And use the AXL via app loader in the BB DTM to install your new recompiled version onto your BB.

I figured this should work.. And it kinda does.. I can run the program from my BB and it loads up and gives me the main menu.. and i can activate using the info provided in the "berrynes" file. But when I go to play one of the new roms I added (hit play) my phone freezes! So basically thats where I am.. Kinda dissappointed that it didn't quite work. I'm not sure what the guy did to make his "berrynes" work.. Perhaps he had to do some tweaking in the program itself.. You'd figure a person more programming savvy than me could take a look at the two and deduce what was altered to make this thing work on a BB! Anyone out there up to the challenge? lol
    I really wanna play some nes rpgs using this emulator! lol Cuz I dont think action games would be very good.. but some rpgs should work just fine.. right?

Welp.. continue on friends! Can anyone out there get this thing working? and post a easy to follow guide as how to do it! So we can all add games of our choosing.. That would be quite.. RAD! lol
    Last edited by robrac83; 12-20-09 at 09:47 AM. Reason: typo
    12-20-09 09:18 AM
    I can't stand emulation on the Tour b/c the screen resolution doesn't match so we have to play with a quarter of the Tour's LCD estate, as if the screen wasn't small already. Its basically useless unless there's one made for 460X360 or have it scale up.
    I've tried berrynes and vnes, they all the same. The gameboy is a little better using 1/2 the total screen but still...
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by noized77; 12-20-09 at 11:15 AM.
    12-20-09 11:09 AM
    Any updates on this?
    05-11-10 07:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD