I currently have Cincinnati Bell, and can get an 8900 from them for $149 with no contract.

I have been thinking of switching to Verizon for the better coverage, but I'm nervous about the Tour. There are so many problems being reported, don't really want to pay that much and then have to return it constantly for referbs.

Have all the issues been corrected, or is this still an on going problem? The screen ripple problem doesn't seem to be as widespread as the trackball issues. I've read more than enough threads in here about the green dots failing to.
    09-23-09 04:10 PM
    i have had a tour since launch morning at 9 A.M. with absolutely no issues what so ever..people on here are just OCD and when they read that one person has had a bad tracball or something they feel like there's is now screwed...

GOT FOR IT MAN...BEST BLACKBERRY I HAVE HAD!!
    09-23-09 04:16 PM
    There will never be a Perfect BB. You have to ask yourself if this is a BB you want and if it's better than what you currently have.

There is always a 30 return policy. Also the standard 1 year man. warranty.

With Verizons coverage, Customer service, i would say it's a safe move. But ultimately it is your decision.

The reason I didn't end up getting the Tour is 1) My BB does everything i need and want. 2) It's reported that all future BB's will have wifi. 3) The Essex is supposed to have a trackpad instead of a trackball.

So with all those things in mind I'm sticking with my 8830 until a BB is released on Verizon's network with those specs.
    09-23-09 04:17 PM
    I just got a "green dot" Tour from VZW today after having some trackball issues. I read on CB about the green dot Tours being very good and I can't argue with it now. I was told I was getting a refurb but this one was manufactured on 09/09/09, so it's brand new. I got the phone only (no accessories) and after I got it all loaded up with my info, I'm very happy I chose to switch it out. The trackball is VERY good and it doesn't seem to have any other issues. So, to answer your question, I think that the build quality of the Tour has vastly improved since launch day (this is my 4th). Hopefully this one stays good so it will be my last one. A few of my friends have newer Tours and they seem solid too.

I love VZW's network, and with the solid Tour I just got, I would suggest trying it out. As I'm sure you know, you have 30 days to return it if it's not to your liking anyway. Good Luck!
    09-23-09 04:23 PM
    The trackball issue has been corrected and my replacement unit is awesome.

Of course no product is perfect, there are bound to be hiccups.

Compare both products in person and decided what is best for YOU.
    Last edited by In2uition; 09-23-09 at 04:29 PM.
    09-23-09 04:25 PM
    Get the tour.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-23-09 04:29 PM
    Like a lot of people already have mentioned, it is true there are a few problems with some of the tours, but you have to understand that if you go to a forum on a certain problem you are going to see a lot of it. Forums are often used to ask questions and find answers to them. For the majority of the people, I would honestly say there isn't a problem with the tour. I for one got an early batch and I had to replace it with another tour, which works great now. You shouldn't have to feel scared about buying the tour because you have 30 days to test it out.

09-23-09 04:37 PM
    ive had a tour since the first day dont worry about it now any problems that they were haven have been taken care of. But just get it you wont regret it.
    09-23-09 04:40 PM
    I have had the Tour since July and I have had no issues. While this is my first bb I can honestly say that I am EXTREMELY satisfied with my phone. If you want the Tour get it...you will not be disappointed.

09-23-09 07:57 PM
    I was very leary about jumping in and getting 1 myself, look at some of my previous threads, Got one on Sunday and have not looked back this thing is GREAT,,
    09-23-09 08:02 PM
    I bought my tour out right on ebay. for 500$..

Well worth what I spent. I am VERY VERY pleased.
    09-23-09 08:05 PM
    My first two tours were a bit troublesome; have my 3rd one and no issues whatsoever. Everything is working great and I'm beyond happy.

I think every device has its little quirks; I honestly only exchanged mine out because I was in that 30 days and could do so and get a new device.

I agree with what another poster said about ppl being a bit OCD and just looking at everything very intently.
    09-23-09 08:05 PM
    My first two tours were a bit troublesome; have my 3rd one and no issues whatsoever. Everything is working great and I'm beyond happy.

I think every device has its little quirks; I honestly only exchanged mine out because I was in that 30 days and could do so and get a new device.

I agree with what another poster said about ppl being a bit OCD and just looking at everything very intently.
    +1!!!!!...
    09-23-09 08:07 PM
    As soon as the first "Green dot" Tour got posted in this forum, I think many started to OCD about their Tours looking for an excuse to trade it for a "green dot" . The Tour is a great phone. Not everyone has issues with them. Just go for it and find out for yourself. Yes there are/were issues but you cant take EVERYTHING you read in here for gold. There has been alot of nit picking about the Tour. Also you do have 30 days dont you?

09-23-09 08:16 PM
    I've had mine since Sept 2nd and I haven't had any issues other than those that I've created myself, I constantly have to be downloading ot tweaking something, drives my wife nuts. I'm happy with mine, but it's my first blackberry also.
    09-23-09 09:28 PM
    I've had mine since Sept 2nd and I haven't had any issues other than those that I've created myself, I constantly have to be downloading ot tweaking something, drives my wife nuts. I'm happy with mine, but it's my first blackberry also.
    I see so many people this being their first blackberry device...not that is a bad thing or I am some MR. BLACKBERRY EXPERT because I am not by any means but I am glad people are finally choosing to come from the dark side and enjoy blackberry's...I personally have had one for 5 years now and can not imagine life without it...all the first timers WELCOME!
    09-23-09 09:30 PM
    I got one of the early Tours along with my wife. Mine had a trackball issue that was immediately noticeable. I could feather it and it would respond well enough to use so I took some extra time to evaluate the Tour itself. I love it. I had the 8330 before that and this one just blows that totally out of the water. My wifes Tour had a trackball issue that was not as severe as mine. She also had radio issues that she didn't tell me about. Her signal was junk on a normally strong Verizon/Former Alltel area. I switched them out and got two green dots. My issue is resolved, her trackball issue is gone, but her radio is still weak. Average signal in the house for her is -101db, where mine will be -91db. I looked at the programming and she is set to a different home SID than I am. I have a trouble ticket in with Tech support to see if it is something on their end, or something I need to return the phone for.

With all that said, any type of mass produced electronics have a failure rate. Usually it is low, and with the latest mfgr dates I think we'll see fewer and fewer of these Tour problems. My advise would be to go for it, but check the mfgr date on the box and go for the newest one you can find. You won't hurt the salesman's feelings if you tell him you want a newer date if they have it.
    09-23-09 09:45 PM
    Starting to get used to it. I come from a looonnng line of Palms...600, 650, 700p, 755, 700wx, 800w, 850 Pro, and an HTC Mogul. Decided to try a new flavor for a while and see how I like it. Palm was alot more stable than windows, although the 850 Pro never did lock up. My wife got a curve and the more I played with hers, the more I decided that I wanted one to try.
    09-23-09 09:46 PM
    I was told I was getting a refurb but this one was manufactured on 09/09/09, so it's brand new.
    I've looked all over my new "green dot" Tour I received today. Where can I find out the manufactured date?
    09-23-09 09:48 PM
    I just received a Tour tonight. In the hours that I've had it so far, it seems to be performing wonderfully. Let's hope that experience continues. :]
    09-23-09 10:13 PM
    Just switched from Windows Mobile Touch to the Tour. Lovin the Tour so far. Cant do quite as much with the BB that I could with the Touch, but I had overkill. Tour build quality far beyond my Touch. No issue of any kind with the Tour, and hope it stays that way. My first BB, and having fun with it.
    09-23-09 10:17 PM
    I got my tour 3 weeks ago and haven't had any problems. I've had a Pearl and a Curve, this is the best one for me so far.

09-24-09 12:01 AM
    My wife picked up my tour a few days ago. How can I tell if it's a green dot version?
    09-24-09 12:29 AM
    I will definitely be picking up a tour pretty soon. Go for it and make the switch. You can't beat the coverage that you get with verizon.

09-24-09 12:37 AM
    I am going to get the 8900 with Cincinnati Bell for now. I really want the 9700, but don't want to switch to AT&T, and T-mobile in my area isn't very good (and no 3G).

When the Essex is released on Verizon, I'll make the jump over for that.
    09-24-09 10:41 AM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD