my self-control is severely wavering at the moment... hahah

-Cow
    haha me too
    04-06-09 06:58 PM
    Like everyone else, my self control is wearing very thin. I have wanted one for so long, now that I am going to get one I cant wait for the 9630 to come out. I had some time to kill today so I stopped into my local VZW store and asked the manager about all of this. First off he said that no store manager has been officially told anything about the 9630 so any information that is given from a VZW store employee is unofficial and not guaranteed to be accurate. Secondly, I asked about the 30 day return policy, and he said that you can bring back any phone for any reason and exchange it no questions asked within 30 days for a $35 restocking fee. So that route is open to us. Unfortunately I did not ask how many times that you could do that. If we can do it as much as we want I may just go back and forth from the Curve to the Storm to the WE to the Curve until the 9630 comes out.

This website is killing me. It is only feeding my desire to get one of these. I feel like I am addicted without even having one yet. This could be bad.....
    04-06-09 07:07 PM
    i know the feeling, im addicted already and i dont even have a blackberry, i wonder how bad it will get when i finally get the 9630
    04-06-09 07:21 PM
    so it comes down to the debate of if i want to pay an extra $35 a month (due to restocking) to have a bb sooner rather than later.

hmmmmmm
    04-06-09 07:46 PM
    I have a similar dilemma. I have been reading crackberry for months anticipating the 9630 but was pretty disappointed to hear no wifi. But then today a prelim. report of a Storm II. My girlfriend has a storm, and while she loves it, it is way too glitchy for me. But it's getting to the point where I can't wait anymore and want a BB now! So I'm also thinking of buying the 8330 to hold me off until Aug.(9630) or later(Storm II).

I need input!
    04-06-09 08:03 PM
    Forgot to mention I am ready for my NE2 and don't want to waste it yet...
    04-06-09 08:04 PM
    yea there is a 35 bux restocking fee for most customers mine was waived for some reason they said i was a vip customer but idk how probably because i go through an insane amount of phones haha. but yea for 35 bux you could pick it up within a month of release and return the curve or storm whatever you decide to try and return it for a 9630 if thats the route you want to take.
    04-07-09 12:42 AM
    Anyone have any idea when they are going to announce it? I have heard a lot of talk about possibly WES now that CTIA was over.

I am getting quite impatient on this haha, as I am sure a lot of people here are.
    04-07-09 01:02 AM
    i think the only word is tht it will be announced at WES which is may 5-7 so it could see anything from a may to august release. although the original road maps and report said it would be first half 09 but it could have easily been pushed back i have no idea what is official so i cant help ya there. but were all going to be on edge until WES when we finally get our answers
    04-07-09 01:28 AM
    I have a similar dilemma. I have been reading crackberry for months anticipating the 9630 but was pretty disappointed to hear no wifi. But then today a prelim. report of a Storm II. My girlfriend has a storm, and while she loves it, it is way too glitchy for me. But it's getting to the point where I can't wait anymore and want a BB now! So I'm also thinking of buying the 8330 to hold me off until Aug.(9630) or later(Storm II).

I need input!
    if the storm 2 has wifi, I'd wait for that... well, if you don't mind full touch screens that is. However, one thing to note, it looks like in a reliable rumor, the new 3rd gen iphone will be on wifi 802.11n. I hope RIM takes note and maintains its competitive edge here... It'd suck if they stay 2 steps back from apple... especially with the wifi outcry of late!

so everyone knows, 802.11n is the new standard and will replace a/b g freq most likely by the end of this year... basically, faster more true to ground wifi speed! And its still backward comparible to a/b g
    04-07-09 07:27 AM
    I cannot wait for wes. how is the coverage of this conference here typically? I hope it is like ign and e3...
    04-07-09 08:18 AM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD