soo i have a two major problems and would take anyone's advice!

1.) my battery dies unbeliveably fast it wont even last me to half a day by 1 o'clock i need to charge it again and it loses battery life without me even doing anything. i read somewhere to change the OS but i just got it updated

2.) i get <content protection enabled> messages sometimes in my BBM and cant read messages.....i tried go to options>security options> but there is NOTHING there to turn it off any helps with how to turn it off?

thanks for anyones help in advance!
    06-10-10 10:24 PM
    first things first.

which OS are you running?
    06-10-10 10:31 PM
    Put it down! Lol. I have to charge 2-3 times a day depending on use and on the weekends it will last all weekend on 1 charge. I use the leaked os .643. My curve was the same way. My storm sometimes up to 5 a day. I have a charger in my truck, car and house.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by abtjason; 06-11-10 at 01:49 AM.
    06-11-10 01:46 AM
    1. How much do you use the device every day? Which OS are you using? What are some of your settings, such as screen brightness? Do you leave apps running and which ones do you leave running? Some are known battery killers. Are you in an area with solid/stable signal or does it have to constantly look for the network?

If you have a desk, I recommend getting a charging pod to set it on anytime you're not using it to help maintain charge. Also, extended batteries help significantly. I have the seidio 2600mah which roughly doubles the battery life from what I had gotten with the original battery. Of course it makes the phone slightly thicker, as the back cover has a little bulge in it to accommodate the larger battery. For me the benefits outweigh the extra bulk.

2. Are you on BIS (personal) or BES (most work provided phones)? If you're on BES, they likely have an IT policy that doesn't allow you to turn content protection off.

06-11-10 08:02 AM
    Put it down! Lol. I have to charge 2-3 times a day depending on use and on the weekends it will last all weekend on 1 charge. I use the leaked os .643. My curve was the same way. My storm sometimes up to 5 a day. I have a charger in my truck, car and house.

Go to Options > Mobile Network > scroll down to Network Technology and change it to 1XEV from Global. This seems to help a little on the battery drain. You can also try removing the SIM Card as a few posters have recommended this as well.

I run SmrtAlerts in the background and WeatherBug. I make sure I close all other apps when not in use. I very seldom listen to music on this device. I am on the phone, email, texting and reading news on and off throughout the day. I actively use the calendar and run a "calendar theme" that also displays weather and probably eats up a little juice. Updates to my theme have increased battery life. It took about 10 days for my battery to really "settle down."

I don't Tweet or Facebook and usually get through the day on a single charge with 30 to 35% battery life remaining. Another big battery drainer on this device is signal strength. Signal fluctuations and the Tour's attempt to lock onto a strong signal seems to be a major problem for battery life.

With my Curve, I listened to more music and could often go 2 days on a single charge. I imagine the speed of the Tour browser is another source of battery drain. I am getting ready to order a longer life battery and have purchased a car charger, just to be safe.
    06-11-10 08:20 AM
    I know that if the device is in an area where signal is weak that will run down the battery as well.

I don't know if 591 has radio issues, and I don't know which OS the OP is running, but that might be something to explore as well.
    06-11-10 09:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD