Hey everyone,

My father just purchased a new Tour as an upgrade from his Palm Treo. Since I never used a Blackberry, this is all new to me. The problem is, he wants to sync his Palm Desktop contacts to the new Blackberry. When he contacted Verizon, they didn't have too much help for him. And, somehow, he says he spoke to someone with Research in Motion. They told him it's nearly impossible.

Does anyone out there have any advice on how to do this easily?

I appreciate any help.
    09-26-09 09:06 PM
    Well, I'm not at all familiar with the Treo but if you can get the Treo data synced to say MS Outlook, then you should have no trouble using Outlook to sync to the Tour using the Desktop Manager...Hope this idea will help you out.
    09-26-09 09:37 PM
    09-26-09 10:13 PM
    I recently entered the blackberry world coming from a long background with Palm and Palm Desktop.

In order to reduce the pain level of this procedure there are 2 requirements: you will need to install Outlook (not outlook express) and you will need the program pocketcopy. I was resistant to using Outlook but it syncs with the blackberry and it works.

Once you have installed OUtlook then you use pocketcopy to transfer all of your Palm Desktop Data, including memos, calendar etc. to Outlook. Once all of your info is in Outlook you can sychronize Outlook to Blackberry using the Blackberry Desktop Manager.

Hope this helps.
    09-26-09 10:38 PM
    i dont think its possible due to the fact that there two seperate devices with different softwares.
    09-26-09 10:43 PM
    its easy it will sync all your stuff straight through the desktop software like everyone else has said through the device swtich wizard but if you have like user defineds user 1-4 they wont copy and you'll be forced to painstakingly enter them by hand thats how it worked when i moved my dad from a palm treo 700 to a storm.
    09-26-09 11:27 PM
    Brad,

I've had my Tour for 2 weeks, upgrading from a Palm Centro. I tried various ways on my own to transfer my contacts, but couldn't get anything to work. Even though I didn't buy the Tour from them, I just took it in to the Verizon store in San Diego and they transferred them in about 2 minutes. I'm not sure why it can be done here and not where you are......
    09-28-09 02:43 AM
    Palm Treo > Outlook > Blackberry Tour.

This is how I did it.
    09-28-09 03:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD