I am new to the BB world and am trying to decide b/w getting an 8330 now, or waiting and getting a 9630 later.

I know that the 8330 is out now, I could have it in my hand today, it's solid, a lot of people love their's and I could get one real cheap with my upgrade from Verizon. However, I know that once the Tour comes out, the 8330 will definitely be obsolete and yeterday's news.

I know the Tour appears to be an awesome phone, and will be able to do anything I could ever want on it, and that it will be the greatest thing since sliced bread, but that i would have to wait until at least July to get it, and that it would be much more expensive to get.

A few disclaimers:
    - I have never used a BB before, or any other kind of smartphone for that matter
    - I am not a huge tech person, have never done anything with apps. on my phone or anything like that, I generally just my phone to make and receive phone calls, and don't know if I would even be able to notice or take advantage of the major improvements of the 9630 over the 8330
    - I am not able to spend the money on the curve now, only to spend more money on the Tour later once it comes out
    - This phone will be both a work and personal use phone.
    - I am linked to using Verizon as my carrier

So here's what I need from everyone: help make a case for either one of these phones to help me make my decision. Please include any information that you think might help a newbie like myself decide on which option would be best. Thanks!
    05-21-09 11:44 AM
    Coming from a Curve owner that is ready for an upgrade, love my curve, but ready for the Tour I would say wait for the Tour to come out.
    05-21-09 11:46 AM
    i was in your boat just 20 days ago. I opted to buy the 8330 for the following reasons:

I wanted a phone immediatly.
    While the 9630 tour will be released 'soon', you never know how many times it will be pushed.
    The 8330 is a solid device, period. Knowing this, I will not miss what the tour can offer because this would be my first blackberry.
    In two years I will have become accustomed to BB and will be ready for the upgrade to the 9630 (or something even newer).
    I wanted a phone immediatly.

There .. I am now the proud owner of a BELL (not verizon but close hehe) 8330 curve and I do NOT regret the decision. This curve is definatly a solid device and I have no doubt you will enjoy it. With that said, the 9630 tour has a slightly better camera, slightly better styling, etc so if you can wait .. why not. I still think you will not be dissappointed with the 8330 though.

regards..
    05-21-09 12:36 PM
    Naah I would go for the tour
    05-21-09 11:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD