I have a Tour 9630. It came with the standard 2gb sandisk micro sd memory card. I went out and purchased a 8gb Kingston card looking to move everything from the 2gb to 8gb. I have tried everything under the sun to get it to work. Formatted the card, tried moving data via a card reader, moving data from card reader to phone, nothing works. I first bought a HP card returned it because it didn't work and then got a Kingston with no results. What can I be doing wrong. Please help before I smash the phone. lol, just kidding.
    09-07-09 11:23 AM
    Your 2gb worked fine, yes? Do you have mass storage enabled in options? Remember that if DM is running, you can't access the data on the card in windows explorer.
    09-07-09 11:24 AM
    2gb still works fine. I don't think mass storage is enabled. Not sure what that does. What is DM?
    09-07-09 11:55 AM
    DM = Desktop Manager. To check if Mass Storage is enabled go to Options > Memory and set it to Prompt if not already. I have a 16GB Card in Mine so its not the size, cant imagine what it could be if it worked with 2GB.
    09-07-09 12:02 PM
    DM is Desktop Manager

Mass Storage Mode allows you to view files on your BB on your PC, as well as transfer said files, when plugged in with the USB cable.

Try this, put the 2gb card in your BB, enable Mass Storage Mode (Options > Memory > set Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode when Connected to yes (or to prompt to have it ask you if you want to enable)). Then open up your BB on your PC (through My Computer or whatever you PC users call it), drag the files onto your PC, disconnect the phone, put the 8gb card in your phone, reconnect your phone and re-enable MSM, open up your BB, drag the files onto your card.

It really is easier than it sounds, I promise.
    09-07-09 12:05 PM
    We PC users? What do you use a microwave oven?
    09-07-09 12:07 PM
    We PC users? What do you use a microwave oven?
    What a silly response. Ever hear of a Mac?
    09-07-09 12:21 PM
    Thanks Ricky, worked like a charm. Enabling mass storage mode must have made the difference. Thanks for the help. No wonder why Crackberry has the best forums.
    09-07-09 12:59 PM
    No wonder why Crackberry has the best forums.
    +1!!

Glad you got this straightened out...load that card up with tunes now!
    09-07-09 01:03 PM
    Thanks Ricky, worked like a charm. Enabling mass storage mode must have made the difference. Thanks for the help. No wonder why Crackberry has the best forums.
    Anytime, glad it worked.
    09-07-09 01:16 PM
    Hey, what about me? I suggested mass storage mode first!

JK!

Anyhow, I used the drag and drop method for a while, then started to realize that it got difficult to remember what I had already copied over and what music I had purchased since my last sync. Media manager makes that easy for me.
    09-07-09 07:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD