Hello all, I thought I would share with you this email I received from Verizon after asking about my upgrade date. I had emailed them due to the website stating I am not eligible for an upgrade until 2011 three years after signing my contract last. Thank you Michael for ensuring I can get my tour on release day!

Dear Robert <censored for privacy>,

Thank you for your interest in upgrading to new equipment with us. My name is Michael, and I am eager to assist you.

Although you are normally able to upgrade to a new phone with us once every 20 months, you are able to upgrade to new equipment once every 12 months if the upgrade is processed through our website. Due to the fact that you previous upgrade was done with us on 8/27/2008, this option would not be available to you until approximately 8/27/2009. I am sorry for any problems this may cause.

However, I have modified your account so that you can process an upgrade effective today (5/19/2009). This can be done either in a store or through our website. I have provided a link below with our current phones and their pricing for a two year commitment with us:

www.vzw.com/products

Robert, I was happy to review your upgrade eligibility status today .We appreciate your business and thank you for using Verizon Wireless.

Sincerely,

Michael

Verizon Wireless

Customer Service
    06-08-09 10:37 PM
    Awesome, what did you say to them in your original e-mail? I'd be interested in trying to get the same results for when I snatch my Tour.
    06-09-09 01:15 AM
    Now that is what I consider solid customer service.
    06-09-09 02:10 AM
    Yeah, definitely post your original email, I want to see what you said so I can pretty much copy/paste it haha.
    06-09-09 02:18 AM
    Somebody sounds like they were in a good mood!
    06-09-09 02:58 AM
    That was great. I have found Verizon's customer service to be very good.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-09-09 04:40 AM
    there you go enjoy the tour when it comes out!
    06-09-09 04:43 AM
    I sent an email to Verizon today about a bill issue and about trying to get a similar deal to this guy, i'll report the results, and if they are successful i'll post the content of my original email.
    06-09-09 07:27 AM
    upgrade or no upgrade im buying this baby
    06-09-09 09:42 AM
    All I said was,

"I thought I could upgrade every single year because of my plan, why does your website I can't have an upgrade till 2011? Thank you for your assistance."
    06-09-09 09:53 AM
    All I said was,

"I thought I could upgrade every single year because of my plan, why does your website I can't have an upgrade till 2011? Thank you for your assistance."
    Cool stuff. I am actually going to the VZW store right now to replace my Storm since the back button decided to crap out on me. I'll see if I can get any info on the Tour and if I can upgrade early since this will be my 3rd Storm.
    06-09-09 10:54 AM
    Sounds like you got a really nice customer service person! I wouldn't get my hopes up if I was anyone else looking for an early upgrade. This is a very rare thing for Verizon to do..
    06-09-09 12:21 PM
    Somehow I have corporate pricing on my account, so I get a new upgrade every 12 months. A 12 month upgrade is only $50 more than the two year price for me. No Brainer. You guys should ask your vzw reps if they can get you the corporate program. Plus I get 22% off my plan and accessories and free shipping
    06-09-09 01:18 PM
    I get an upgrade every 12 months as well because I am the primary line on my account (or at least thats the reason the VZW rep told me)

Either way its nice to know I can upgrade every year...Too bad the Tour will probably be out long before then lol...I will end up buying it retail
    06-09-09 02:47 PM
    I recently emailed Verizon to ask them if it is possible to get an upgrade earlier than the 12 months listed on MyVerizon account. Their first response was to pay full retail, but then I responded (very nicely) saying that wasn't an option for me. Here's their response:

"Since you are a valued customer, there is an alternative I can offer you since you are not eligible for a standard equipment discount. You may purchase a new wireless phone at the one-year promotional price with a new one-year Customer Agreement. You will also receive any applicable rebate included with the offer. If you accept the discount and cancel service for any reason before fulfilling the minimum term of your Customer Agreement, you will be subject to an Early Termination Fee of up to $175. Please be aware that the prices on our website are promotional and reflect the discount associated with a two-year Customer Agreement. As a result, the one-year promotional price and the full retail price will be higher."

So, it looks like there is some wiggle room on their end. I suppose it helps if you are polite to them as well.
    06-09-09 03:03 PM
    I just got a promotional mailer for $75 off of my next upgrade that is valid until 7/31/09. Do you guys think this is stackable on my NE2 discount?

It would be sick if I could get a Tour for $25.
    06-09-09 03:42 PM
    which email address did you guys send it to?
    06-10-09 10:23 AM

Click on "Phones & Devices" in the "Support" section (bottom right)

Click on "Contact Us" in the "Info" section (top left)

Follow the instructions in the "Send Us An Email" section
    06-10-09 02:13 PM
    I get an upgrade every 12 months as well because I am the primary line on my account (or at least thats the reason the VZW rep told me)

Either way its nice to know I can upgrade every year...Too bad the Tour will probably be out long before then lol...I will end up buying it retail
    I fall in that same category as far as my one year being far away. But I am the secondary line on my account. Does that mean I am not eligible for the one year upgrade? Be advised I do get a government discount because I am in the military and the primary account holder has a government job.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-10-09 05:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD