so this may have been asked before but i cannot seem to find any threads on it..probably just searching the wrong terms

so im using gmail on my tour..when doing so and replying to an email, my address is always displayed as opposed to the my name. i.e. [email protected] instead of John Doe in the replies. Also, the header from the email i am responding to is displayed as well. I don't see these on the tour itself, however when i am looking at the email in gmail (on a computer) it shows as follows...

[email protected] to Mike, Lauren

*email message here*

Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2010 16:21:56 -0600
    To: lauren<[email protected]>
    Cc: John Doe<[email protected]>
    Subject: Re: Thank you soooo much!
    - Show quoted text -
    Anybody know how i can have just my name appear and to remove the header from the previous email? TIA
    01-19-10 07:57 PM
    help anyone??
    01-20-10 11:51 AM
    only thing i can suggest is to make sure the email address that is displaying is one of your contact's email addresses, even if its your own email address, make a contact that is yourself and add that email to the "you" contact. (if this makes any sense at all, let me know)
    01-20-10 11:56 AM
    Go to your Email Setup App, enter your email account and change the display name there.
    01-20-10 12:18 PM
    Did you set it up through BIS? If so just log into that from your computer. Click on edit next to your gmail account. Your display name should be right there.
    01-20-10 12:32 PM
    thanks for the help guys. i used redwanhuq's method and got my name to display properly. However i still get the header information from the last email as depicted in the first post. Any ideas?

I deleted the email account from my phone and created it again - that didnt change anything.

edit: actually theres a page wide line break before the header info now..
    *email message here*
    __________________________________________________ _________________________
    Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2010 16:21:56 -0600
    To: lauren<[email protected]>
    Cc: John Doe<[email protected]>
    Subject: Re: Thank you soooo much!
    - Show quoted text -
    Last edited by playa4real; 01-20-10 at 08:38 PM.
    01-20-10 08:35 PM
    ttt

thoughts anyone?
    01-23-10 10:51 AM
    i just found that when i hit reply all, i can press the menu button and click on "delete original text" and that will remove the header when i respond. anybody know if there is a way to automatically delete the original text?
    01-24-10 07:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD