I've been looking to upgrade ever since early March when I started having problems with my pearl. I called up and they said even though I wasn't eligible for an upgrade they would give it to me early. I considered just getting the curve but I asked the rep if I should wait a bit in case any new blackberrys were coming out. He said he couldn't say, but to check out CrackBerry. That was the first time I logged on here, learned about the Niagara (Tour) and have been obsessively checking this site for any new news about it every day for the last 4 months. For the last week or so I've been talking about it non stop. The last few days I've been in a couple of stores just talking about the phone and how much inventory they have. I'm planning on getting there an hour before they open tomorrow. My wife thinks I'm insane, and says "it's just a phone, you have problems." I figured others on this board could relate to my obsession...
    07-11-09 02:14 PM
    I've been talking to other tour hopefulls on BBM for about a week,

news hopes, excitement, I load 3 or 4 sites at a time in tabs hoping for tour info, all of my friends and family know I am getting this phone.

I've been talking about it for months and in the last couple of weeks, everyone that will listen hears about it!!
    07-11-09 02:18 PM
    My wife thinks I'm crazy as well...as does my daughter, my coworkers, my boss (who is also getting a Tour now...lol).
    07-11-09 02:20 PM
    My husband does not get it at all. He just looks at me very confused-like. In fact...everyone I try to talk to about this does that.
    07-11-09 02:28 PM
    Everyone that knows me just assumes when there is something new coming out I'm going to get so I guess it doesn't come across as nutty to them but I'm sure an outsider would be like that girl has shopping issues lol.
    07-11-09 02:34 PM
    My wife and I both have the 8830. I am eligible for the upgrade, whereas my wife has to wait for a few more months. So she keeps laughing at me a saying I'm a weirdo because I am fully obsessing about the Tour. But I have a sneaky feeling this is only because she's not eligible for the upgrade. I also am going to the store an hour ahead of time to wait for the store opening. So is my wife (even though she's not getting a Tour). I think someone is just as obsessed as I am.

I believe I learned a term for this behaviour in Psychology 101...PROJECTION! Hrmmmmmm...
    07-11-09 02:48 PM
    My wife doesn't think I'm insane just says "GET ME ONE TOO"..lol
    07-11-09 02:52 PM
    Yeah, no one gets me. ****, I know in a few months i'll be onto drooling over the next best phone. But this pre-release excitement is like the wait for a new companion. Every day, almost every hour i'll be using it. Getting to know it, it's likes and dislikes...it's strengths and weaknesses. I'm a nerd.
    07-11-09 02:56 PM
    I could see the anticipation for the Storm, because it was the first phone of it's kind (touchscreen BB). But the Tour is basically an 8900 on CDMA (minus Wifi). If this were all the rage why didn't you get it when it came out? Or the Bold? Certainly Verizon's service can't be the dealbreaker when it comes to having the latest greatest BB phone. I ditched them in 2006 to get the Pearl. Tour's 6 months old now really. But don't tell your wife
    Last edited by thebignewt; 07-11-09 at 03:05 PM.
    07-11-09 03:02 PM
    Early termination fee is big money. Also, maybe their company pays for their verizon service.
    07-11-09 03:05 PM
    So does my BF!! And friends and family, they'll get over it..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-11-09 03:05 PM
    It is called Crackberry for a reason.. verizon customers have been having BOLD/8900 envy for a min and this is the love letter from RIM for the CDMA customers.. one of the first of many..
    07-11-09 03:06 PM
    Yeah, no one gets me. ****, I know in a few months i'll be onto drooling over the next best phone. But this pre-release excitement is like the wait for a new companion. Every day, almost every hour i'll be using it. Getting to know it, it's likes and dislikes...it's strengths and weaknesses. I'm a nerd.
    Are you a distant relative? I am the same way. Its the excitement and everything.

My wife doesn't get me. She thinks I'm the only one out there like this. She doesn't know....
    07-11-09 03:06 PM
    Early termination fee is big money. Also, maybe their company pays for their verizon service.
    I got my 8100 for free because I was new to Tmob. The loyal Tmob customers paid $200 for an upgrade back then. Figure that in sometime. The new people get the deal.
    07-11-09 03:07 PM
    I'm planning on getting there an hour before they open tomorrow. My wife thinks I'm insane, and says "it's just a phone, you have problems." I figured others on this board could relate to my obsession...
    Haha well once she sees it and maybe gets a chance to experience it herself she will think different and want one. That is if you let her use it lol. You won't be disappointed.
    07-11-09 03:09 PM
    I'm always like this for gadgets that I want but my gf still thinks I'm crazy
    07-11-09 03:15 PM
    My husband thinks I am insane. BUT I have spread the "insanity" of Blackberry down the hall of the High school where I teach. This year alone 4 more teachers bacame part of the Blackberry family. Given time I will have the on Crackberry too.
    07-11-09 03:25 PM
    My husband thinks I am insane. BUT I have spread the "insanity" of Blackberry down the hall of the High school where I teach. This year alone 4 more teachers bacame part of the Blackberry family. Given time I will have the on Crackberry too.
    Good work on the teachers! We can convert the hubby too, he won't think insane then.
    07-11-09 03:29 PM
    You said the reason in your post, because it's on CDMA. If the 8900 or bold were available to CDMA customers it would still be nice a phone but if we had options other than an old curve/8830 for qwerty keyboards there wouldn't be as much hype but considering we are the last group to get a new qwerty bb there is going to be a lot of excitment. Oh and some people like CDMA over GSM and that is why they don't switch.

I could see the anticipation for the Storm, because it was the first phone of it's kind (touchscreen BB). But the Tour is basically an 8900 <b> on CDMA</b> (minus Wifi). If this were all the rage why didn't you get it when it came out? Or the Bold? Certainly Verizon's service can't be the dealbreaker when it comes to having the latest greatest BB phone. I ditched them in 2006 to get the Pearl. Tour's 6 months old now really. But don't tell your wife
    07-11-09 03:47 PM
    my co workers can't wait till i get mine then i might shut up for a few minutes about it not likely lol
    07-11-09 04:09 PM
    At at the end of the day, it is still a device to make and receive calls... Yes I ordered a tour, only due to the fact my pearl is crapping out on me. For some reason, blackberries don't work well in a farming environment... I'm only trying to have a phone and feed the world....
    07-11-09 04:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD