I agree sprint needs an official release

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-07-10 01:56 PM
    Threaded SMS is nice as I've seen on my wife's 8530, but I can hold out for the official ver. The latest leak must mean that it is real close to coming out. From what I've read, it seems very snappy and stable, with few kinks. I guess the official ver. should be "a few clicks" higher than the latest leak.
    01-07-10 02:11 PM
    Threaded SMS is nice as I've seen on my wife's 8530, but I can hold out for the official ver. The latest leak must mean that it is real close to coming out. From what I've read, it seems very snappy and stable, with few kinks. I guess the official ver. should be "a few clicks" higher than the latest leak.
    They could very easily just label .419 as the official, but take their sweet time doing it.
    01-07-10 02:24 PM
    Actually, according to crackberry.com, RIM's official stance is they've created the platform and released it officially to the carriers. It's up to the carrier to release it to their customers. Knowing Verizon (as much as I love them and have been a customer for YEARS) they won't. They tend to run on an 'if it ain't broke' mentality.
    01-07-10 02:29 PM
    I'm quite sure even if they plan on releasing it, they are all sitting on it for the 9630 until after the Tour 2 releases.

That way users will have a bit more incentive to upgrade and it makes the Tour2 look better.
    01-07-10 02:33 PM
    Well as far as the differences in 5.0 vs 4.7 are
    - Increased app memory. (you may not notice this now unless you looked to see how much app memory you use to have before you upgraded)
    - Decrease in boot time. (also the boot screen looks different. I like the blackberry boot screen)
    - Threaded SMS. (This was the biggest improvement IMO. I always hated looking for that text message from that certain person to reply back to after having a conversation with someone else. No more accidentally replying back to the wrong person either =) yeah you know its happened. Oops)
    -3G icon (This may depend on your carrier but some people hated seeing the 1EXV icon versus the 3G icon. They both mean the same but if it really is 3G they want to see it say 3G)
    - Email follow up (in the email app there is a flag for follow up option to remind you to read at a later time)
    - photo resizing option when sending or sharing (this will reduce the amount of time it takes to send a photo)
    - support for bluetooth 2.1 and secure pairing (gives you a wider variety of bluetooth devices to use)
    - Notification indicator on the folders themselves (For instance if you have facebook inside a folder and the icon shows at the top. You may not remember what folder facebook was in so the indicator shows up on the folder according to what app is in that folder to make it easier to find. Sometimes people get icons that show up and they have no idea what app is causing the notification)

Rockafella,

I was wonderin which version of 5.0 you've got? As a fellow Verizon Tour user I'm hoping to avoid some pitfalls and end up with a faster, smoother operating Tour..

Thanks to anyone for any advice!

01-07-10 02:50 PM
    I'm just using the .230 OS. I'm not using any hybrid over top of it at all. it has worked well for me and I won't be changing it until the next official version. Takes too much time to redo all the settings and everything after you upgrade.
    01-07-10 07:13 PM
    Am I the only one whose battery life has gone DOWN severely since upgrading to .419? I used it for 3 hours on and off (about 60% of that time using data) and the battery completely died about 2 hours later after standing by. I'm very good about battery pulls and memory monitoring and making sure I don't have data-requiring apps running in the background. This has happened regularly since I upgraded. I love the OS but the battery is killing me
    01-07-10 08:58 PM
    Am I the only one whose battery life has gone DOWN severely since upgrading to .419? I used it for 3 hours on and off (about 60% of that time using data) and the battery completely died about 2 hours later after standing by. I'm very good about battery pulls and memory monitoring and making sure I don't have data-requiring apps running in the background. This has happened regularly since I upgraded. I love the OS but the battery is killing me
    Unfortunately, battery life has really taken a hit with .419 - maybe irtehun will release a hybrid that will address this issue (unless it's a radio problem, in which case the solution seems to be an appropriate radio swap - or another, higher, leak )
    01-07-10 10:28 PM
    230 is running well...

Love the new blue highlight when you move the trackball
    Threaded SMS
    Little faster...

Me likes

01-07-10 11:48 PM
    I haven't loaded .419 and have no intention but as for .230 the battery life will be fine with me since I'm running the seidio 2600 extended battery. I get a couple days off of it.
    01-08-10 01:56 AM
    The big problem I'm having now with 4.7 is that almost every app gives me verification errors, meaning that if I would do a reboot it would give me a 552 error. I have to delete about 99% of the apps I install unfortunately, and this is getting quite annoying. Does 5.0 address this?
    01-08-10 07:50 AM
    You wasted more time telling him what you're not going tell him .. "Mr Blatantly Obvious"
    Just tell him... He posted for a reason... Not for some conceded computer geek to tell him he's blind! LOL...

Its spelled "conceited".

lol...

Dm
    01-08-10 08:12 AM
    The big problem I'm having now with 4.7 is that almost every app gives me verification errors, meaning that if I would do a reboot it would give me a 552 error. I have to delete about 99% of the apps I install unfortunately, and this is getting quite annoying. Does 5.0 address this?
    I think that some folks find that the upgrade does fix that problem. From the sounds of it, you probably don't have anything to lose if it keeps erring out on you anyway. Just do a backup of your data or sync it.
    01-08-10 09:29 AM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD