I just upgraded to 5.0. It was pretty painless.

-Downloaded 5.0
    -Installed it on my computer
    -Backed up with desktop manager
    -installed with desktop manager

I didn't use BBSak and all my 3rd party apps were there after the install. I did have to enter activation codes for some purchased apps.

I racked my brain about installing .230 and never did. When this last leak came out, I finally got up the courage to upgrade.

After upgrading, I don't see what all the fuss is about. I don't see anything electrifying about 5.0 as compared to 4.7... I never had a problem with 4.7 and I don't have any complaints about 5.0.

Can someone point out to me what all the fuss is about with 5.0?
    01-06-10 12:02 PM
    I've been running 5.0 for a while and my fav improvement is the threaded text messaging. I've been on it so long though that I really don't remember the little improvements.

Has anyone upgraded to the latest 5.0 and are having a problem with BerryBuzz. It seems changing the general message alert option is missing.
    01-06-10 12:05 PM
    Threaded SMS
    OS seems to run faster than before
    media player looks a little different and the pictures, ringtones, videos are all separate
    memory seems increased
    01-06-10 12:06 PM
    Berrybuzz is working fine for me on the new leak.
    01-06-10 12:27 PM
    The leaked 5.0 is LIGHT YEARS ahead of 4.7!

- My boot time has been reduced by more than half (about 8 minutes with 4.7; 2:58 with 5.0.0.419).

- Threaded SMS RULES - no more having to delete sixteen text messages after a conversation.

- .419 browser is lightning fast compared to 4.7

What's not to love!!!
    01-06-10 12:45 PM
    Most noticeable change in 5.0 is speed. Everything is smooth and snappy. Boot time is cut more than half! I'm not sure how you didn't notice things like scrolling through your ringtones in the Profiles menu, I found it unbearably laggy. I can multitask with ease now. Before my phone slowed down a lot if I was loading a page and using another app at the same time. And the little things changed are easily noticed by people who have delved through every inch of their phone. RIM made our lives much easier with this OS.
    01-06-10 12:46 PM
    I think 5.0 is more a maintenance upgrade. It runs a lot faster, better memory management, lesser freezing problems. Minor tweaks to the interface and some new features added.
    01-06-10 12:48 PM
    Lol, if you can't spot the differences from boot up...you probably can't see how many fingers are on your hands either.

I'm not gonna tell you what should be blatantly obvious to you...

Dm
    01-06-10 12:53 PM
    Did you all add hybrid on top of it?
    01-06-10 12:55 PM
    Yep.

10char
    Dm
    01-06-10 12:56 PM
    if your having problems with BerryBuzz, just do a battery pull and try it again. I was having similar problems and I did this, and it all worked fine afterwards
    01-06-10 01:00 PM
    thanks guys for the BerryBuzz advice. I'll try it now.

Reboot YESSS!!! Thanks guys!
    Last edited by moyjoy; 01-06-10 at 03:03 PM. Reason: Donald.Aleshire saved the day!
    01-06-10 02:52 PM
    Lol, if you can't spot the differences from boot up...you probably can't see how many fingers are on your hands either.

I'm not gonna tell you what should be blatantly obvious to you...

Dm
    You wasted more time telling him what you're not going tell him .. "Mr Blatantly Obvious"
    Just tell him... He posted for a reason... Not for some conceded computer geek to tell him he's blind! LOL...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-06-10 03:00 PM
    Well as far as the differences in 5.0 vs 4.7 are
    - Increased app memory. (you may not notice this now unless you looked to see how much app memory you use to have before you upgraded)
    - Decrease in boot time. (also the boot screen looks different. I like the blackberry boot screen)
    - Threaded SMS. (This was the biggest improvement IMO. I always hated looking for that text message from that certain person to reply back to after having a conversation with someone else. No more accidentally replying back to the wrong person either =) yeah you know its happened. Oops)
    -3G icon (This may depend on your carrier but some people hated seeing the 1EXV icon versus the 3G icon. They both mean the same but if it really is 3G they want to see it say 3G)
    - Email follow up (in the email app there is a flag for follow up option to remind you to read at a later time)
    - photo resizing option when sending or sharing (this will reduce the amount of time it takes to send a photo)
    - support for bluetooth 2.1 and secure pairing (gives you a wider variety of bluetooth devices to use)
    - Notification indicator on the folders themselves (For instance if you have facebook inside a folder and the icon shows at the top. You may not remember what folder facebook was in so the indicator shows up on the folder according to what app is in that folder to make it easier to find. Sometimes people get icons that show up and they have no idea what app is causing the notification)
    01-06-10 05:17 PM
    Threaded SMS was the clincher for me. I still find the browser slow as molasses and the media player bug is a pain in my behind, but threaded SMS outweighed those issues.
    01-06-10 05:26 PM
    Yeah, its not like this life changing upgrade. 5 is just a higher number than 4 so everyone wants it. I run it. Its a little quicker. There's threaded SMS, but I'm not 12 and don't really use SMS so I don't care about that so much.
    01-06-10 05:28 PM
    Did you all add hybrid on top of it?
    i'm actually downloading 5.0 now..

Can you give me some more info on this "hybrid" .. I'm itching to know
    01-06-10 05:32 PM
    Threaded SMS was the clincher for me. I still find the browser slow as molasses and the media player bug is a pain in my behind, but threaded SMS outweighed those issues.
    What is the media player bug?
    01-06-10 05:37 PM
    Something that nobody has really mentioned is the improved battery life. I've done 9hrs of texting/connect4/browsing and only lost a half bar of battery

This update makes me mad rim ever released the tour with 4.x os

01-06-10 06:20 PM
    I need to DL OS 5.0 for my Tour! (Sprint) ... can someone send me a link or something?? my battery is killing me and the phone is just slow period right now... I heard 5.0 fixes that.. reply to this or email me at [email protected]! Thanks!
    01-06-10 06:23 PM
    I agree with all the improvements that are listed, but it's not as "ground shaking" as everyone is making it out to be.

I need to DL OS 5.0 for my Tour! (Sprint) ... can someone send me a link or something?? my battery is killing me and the phone is just slow period right now... I heard 5.0 fixes that.. reply to this or email me at [email protected]! Thanks!
    Booker,

I was in the same boat as you. "Someone tell me how to upgrade". It is really as simple as downloading 5.0, installing it on your computer, deleting the vendor file, and plugging in your Tour. Desktop manager does the rest. Make sure you click "yes" when it asks you if you want to backup your files. It was a breeze.
    01-06-10 10:18 PM
    Can someone post the download link please )
    01-07-10 10:57 AM
    Here it is. Downloaded to my desktop. Then installed to computer let Desktop Manager do the rest. Pretty simple and I'm new to all this.

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service
    01-07-10 12:39 PM
    Can anyone point out how and where I can get 5.0 at? Thanks

I just upgraded to 5.0. It was pretty painless.

-Downloaded 5.0
    -Installed it on my computer
    -Backed up with desktop manager
    -installed with desktop manager

I didn't use BBSak and all my 3rd party apps were there after the install. I did have to enter activation codes for some purchased apps.

I racked my brain about installing .230 and never did. When this last leak came out, I finally got up the courage to upgrade.

After upgrading, I don't see what all the fuss is about. I don't see anything electrifying about 5.0 as compared to 4.7... I never had a problem with 4.7 and I don't have any complaints about 5.0.

Can someone point out to me what all the fuss is about with 5.0?
    01-07-10 12:49 PM
    I'd just like to see sprint get off their rear's and upgrade me already. Sorry. Just don't want to brick my phone w/o some sort of official release.
    01-07-10 01:14 PM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD