Hey All!

Finally took the leap and bought myself a BlackBerry Tour (9630)! Well, I actually ordered my first Tour via the Verizon website but it not only had a loose battery cover but also a faulty trackball. So I took the device to my local Verizon store and they exchanged it! (By the way this is my first BlackBerry, but not my first smartphone). So far I'm 100% satisfied with everything... except for one little tiny thing... I hate the fact that Verizon loaded "push" applications on to the device! Myspace, Flickr, and Facebook - I only use Facebook. So I tried to download Myspace & Flickr and then deleted them but the push icons stayed! So, I just hid them and hopefully I'll soon forget about their existence.

Great community you guys have here - I feel right at home
    09-02-09 09:55 PM
    Hey All!

Finally took the leap and bought myself a BlackBerry Tour (9630)! Well, I actually ordered my first Tour via the Verizon website but it not only had a loose battery cover but also a faulty trackball. So I took the device to my local Verizon store and they exchanged it! (By the way this is my first BlackBerry, but not my first smartphone). So far I'm 100% satisfied with everything... except for one little tiny thing... I hate the fact that Verizon loaded "push" applications on to the device! Myspace, Flickr, and Facebook - I only use Facebook. So I tried to download Myspace & Flickr and then deleted them but the push icons stayed! So, I just hid them and hopefully I'll soon forget about their existence.

Great community you guys have here - I feel right at home
    if you use DM you can always delete them from the phone. I did that with my 8900. I deleted aol and icq messenger because I don't use them
    09-02-09 09:56 PM
    Sweet! Welcome to CrackBerry and BlackBerry!

You'll love your new Tour more and more everyday. If you have any questions about it, feel free to ask. Just hit up the search function for this forum before you do, most of the time you'll find that your question has been asked and answered before!

This is a great place for information and a great place to learn and share. Enjoy your stay!
    09-02-09 09:57 PM
    if you use DM you can always delete them from the phone. I did that with my 8900. I deleted aol and icq messenger because I don't use them
    I tried to instal DM but I have a Mac, and I guess Berries and Macs don't quite get along yet... what should I do?
    Last edited by KiloGolf92; 09-02-09 at 10:27 PM.
    09-02-09 10:24 PM
    What is "DM"?
    Desktop Manager. The CD that came with your Tour has it on there, or you can download it directly from RIM here:

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads/entry.do
    09-02-09 10:26 PM
    There is a MAC friendly version coming soon I think.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-02-09 10:29 PM
    Desktop Manager. The CD that came with your Tour has it on there, or you can download it directly from RIM here:

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads/entry.do
    But I have a Mac... (sorry i edited my post while you were replying )
    09-02-09 10:29 PM
    If you can borrow or use another windows pc, go ahead. Otherwise, you have to wait for rim to release the mac edition they've been working on.

09-02-09 10:36 PM
    If you can borrow or use a windows pc or laptop go ahead. Otherwise, you have to wait for rim to release the mac edition they've been working on.

09-02-09 10:36 PM
    Mac version of DM leaked! Check out front page of Crackberry.com
    09-03-09 08:18 PM
    Those apps are not actually installed by verizon, they are just the icons to the download links for the applications. They are pushed by service books so they cannot be deleted. Well, they can be, but next time you get your service books (periodic updates, phone reboots, etc), they will just come back. Not to worry though, the space they take up is relatively nil. Just hide them and forget about them.
    09-03-09 08:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD