So while I was in the dentist's office, I decided to let my little sister play the games on my phone. I come out and she hands me the phone. We get in the car and I look at my home screen and realize my icons are arranged different and BerryWeather is no longer there. Then she tells me she locked and couldn't figure out the password. So I'm like "why would you even guess 10 times!?" and now all my messages, contacts and apps are gone. Is is possible to re-register the apps that I bought without buying them again? The only ones that I can think of that I bought are QuickLaunch, BerryWeather and YouMail. I'm so pissed right now.
    Last edited by Goodfella.; 08-07-09 at 04:52 PM.
    08-07-09 02:14 PM
    So while I was in the dentist's office, I decided to let my little sister play the games on my phone. I come out and she hands me the phone. We get in the car and I look at my home screen and realize my icons are arranged different and BerryWeather is no longer there. Then she tells me she locked and couldn't figure out the password. So I'm like "why would you even enter 10 times!?" and now all my messages, contacts and apps are gone. Is is possible to re-register the apps that I bought without buying them again? The only ones that I can think of that I bought are QuickLaunch, BerryWeather and YouMail. I'm so pissed right now.

If you have done a backup lately with Desktop Manager then all those apps, contacts, messages, etc will be there. If you haven't your pretty much out of luck. Good luck!
    08-07-09 02:21 PM
    Did you buy them from the bb app world or the cb app world? Because if you got them from the cb app store I believe you can go online and resend them to your phone... Someone please correct me if I'm wrong...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-07-09 02:22 PM
    If you have done a backup lately with Desktop Manager then all those apps, contacts, messages, etc will be there. If you haven't your pretty much out of luck. Good luck!
    Apps wouldn't be backed up, I would email/call the companies that made them and tell them what happened, they should be more than willing to help.
    08-07-09 02:23 PM
    Did you buy them from the bb app world or the cb app world? Because if you got them from the cb app store I believe you can go online and resend them to your phone... Someone please correct me if I'm wrong...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    This is correct. You can always access any apps you've downloaded from the CB App Store by logging into your account. I'm not sure about App World, but I would imagine it's also possible.

If all else fails, try emailing the creator(s)...they should bewilling to work with you.
    08-07-09 02:37 PM
    And here is the link to instructions on how to back up 3rd party apps
    08-07-09 02:38 PM
    im pretty sure it also works in the app world, but wow your sister screwed it that bad? lol
    08-07-09 02:39 PM
    Next time give her your watch lol.
    08-07-09 02:42 PM
    And here is the link to instructions on how to back up 3rd party apps
    Thanks. I'm going to do that as soon as I get this sorted out.

im pretty sure it also works in the app world, but wow your sister screwed it that bad? lol
    Yea it's terrible. Why would you enter it when it tells you only have 10 tries and then you keep on trying it? It makes no sense.
    08-07-09 02:45 PM
    Thanks. I'm going to do that as soon as I get this sorted out.

Yea it's terrible. Why would you enter it when it tells you only have 10 tries and then you keep on trying it? It makes no sense.

Is she old/young enough to smack? I back up everything on my phone just from fear after reading this...and I don't have a sister OR a password on my BB!
    08-07-09 02:55 PM
    She's 13. I should smack her. Anyway, good news. All my apps are still in the downloads folder and I got to re-register BerryWeather and YouMail. The only problem is my verification code for QuickLaunch was in my BB email account and I don't know where to access that.
    08-07-09 03:02 PM
    This is the funniest post I've read in a long time.......

Epic
    08-07-09 04:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD