okay so three days ago i dropped my tour in the toilet....no it was not dirty water and i grabbed it out as soon as I could. Stupid me put the battery back in right away and it will turn on, but most of my keys don't work anymore. There are about 5 keys that still actually work, unfortunately the track ball isn't one of them...it'll still scroll but it won't click. I've tried putting it in rice, setting it in front of a fan and I'm at a loss of what else to do! Is my phone a goner?
    01-26-10 04:41 PM
    Unfortunately, it may be a goner. Is it under warranty or do you have insurance? That may be your best bet.
    01-26-10 04:44 PM
    If you got insurance get a new one, if not see if you can get a used one here in market section.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-26-10 04:46 PM
    BlackBerries and water do not play nice.... time to get the Bold 9700 or hope that the Tour 2 is launched tomorrow!
    01-26-10 04:49 PM
    how long did you leave it in rice??

since you put the battery in right away, you might have fried the phone by doing that.
    01-26-10 04:49 PM
    BlackBerries and water do not play nice.... time to get the Bold 9700 or hope that the Tour 2 is launched tomorrow!
    why would you give him an advice for a 9700?? thats a GSM phone. you just cant switch carriers like that. and since the Tour 2 isn't out, his only option is to get a Tour if he wants again
    01-26-10 04:51 PM
    well first of all, I'm a girl lol. i left it in rice over night...and there's going to be a Tour 2??? what??!
    01-26-10 05:00 PM
    well first of all, I'm a girl lol. i left it in rice over night...and there's going to be a Tour 2??? what??!
    in rice over night is not long enough. It took me almost 3 days in rice before my phone was able to turn back on from water.

yes Tour 2 is coming out within the next few weeks. We have known about that for about 5 months now
    01-26-10 05:03 PM
    why would you give him an advice for a 9700?? thats a GSM phone. you just cant switch carriers like that. and since the Tour 2 isn't out, his only option is to get a Tour if he wants again
    Since her info next to her avatar did not state which carrier she was on, it was a 50/50 chance that it's either on a GSM or CDMA network. I use my Tour on a GSM network and I guess for me, if my Tour ever gets dunked, I might consider the 9700. Otherwise, I agree with you that until the Tour 2 is released, another Tour is the only option. Or get a second-hand BB phone to use till the Tour 2 is out.
    01-26-10 05:12 PM
    Unfortunately Blackberries weren't like they used to. I once had a Worl Edition. It fell out of my pocket at night. It rained on it all night. Then my dad drove his car over it(without knowing) and when he got back home he found it on the driveway... Still worked. Mind you after drying it a bit.
    01-26-10 05:15 PM
    It's toast. Hope you had insurance. I feel your pain. Me and my BB went for a swim right after Christmas courtesy of my little cousin. -.-

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-26-10 05:47 PM
    Sorry to hear about your wetness! Also sorry, but I giggled a bit. I always think its might be an odd sight to see, a blackberry stuffed into a bowl of rice... THANK GOD I haven't had to try this yet! There are some other threads around here about this; maybe check them out for other advice. Some use alcohol or something to dry things up. Don't know how this works, but I remember there being a few users that have done that successfully.
    01-26-10 06:06 PM
    maybe she's on bell, in that case she could get anything she wanted
    01-26-10 06:16 PM
    Sorry to hear about your wetness!
    Lol at that
    01-26-10 06:21 PM
    Bell or TELUS......Too many know it alls on this site eh!!
    01-26-10 10:59 PM
    I spilled alot of water on mine, it wouldnt turn on and the keys wouldn't work. I took the batter door off and replaced the battery. I let it air out for 2 days and I used the hair dryer on it too. Thankfully, it came completely back to life! Maybe give it a few days? Good luck
    01-26-10 11:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD