I dont kow if anyone else has this problem, but when I charge my Tour overnight and touch the back of it the plate feels hot, but not scalding hot. I never had this problem with my Curve before. Also when I was on the phone with Verizon Tech support and they were helping me troubleshoot, I could feel the back of the battery cover getting warm as well. Most of the heat is towards the botom of the device and not anywhere else. When I brough it up with tech support they recommended I should return it. Has anyone else heard of this problem or is it common with the Tour?
    07-20-09 02:52 AM
    i have this same problem. its only when charging the phone tho. dnt want it to turn into iphone 3gs and start leaving burn marks on phone. hope this can be fixed easily.
    07-20-09 03:04 AM
    Yeah it wasnt as hot as the iphones but Verizon tech support said they never heard of these issues and said for me to return to the store. So I havent decided if I want to do that. I just threw it out there to see if anyone else had the same problem....
    07-20-09 03:15 AM
    07-20-09 06:46 AM
    Thanks Iceman. I'm just gonna return it and get another
    07-20-09 06:13 PM
    In one of the other threads Iceman posted, there was conversation of the clock remaining "on" the screen when placed on the charger.

I did what one post suggested:

When you put your phone on the charger, hit the menu button to go to your wallpaper (no clock) and let the backlight dim and go out from there. Wala! No more overheating....

Try this before returning your phone. It worked for me.
    07-20-09 08:46 PM
    In one of the other threads Iceman posted, there was conversation of the clock remaining "on" the screen when placed on the charger.

I did what one post suggested:

When you put your phone on the charger, hit the menu button to go to your wallpaper (no clock) and let the backlight dim and go out from there. Wala! No more overheating....

Try this before returning your phone. It worked for me.
    Yeah when I noticed that, I didn't even wait for my phone to overheat... I knew leaving the screen on all night was a bad idea. I get what RIM was trying to accomplish there, but it's really not appropriate to leave the screen on a small device like this on overnight - it will undoubtedly get hot.

The Tour does tend to run hot, though. Judging by the fact that the Tour doesn't appear to have been tested very much, I'd say there's a good chance that it will one day burst in to flames. Hopefully we won't be talking on it when this happens.
    07-20-09 08:52 PM
    So does my crotch, but I'm not complaining.

Love it either way, hot or not!
    07-20-09 08:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD