I used to let my toddler play with the phone on a regular basis. Well she dropped my BBerry Curve 8330 a few weeks ago and cracked the screen. I was able to talk my S.O. into letting me upgrade to the 9630. Other than the "Ohhhh Shiny" reason for doing it there was also the practical application of being able to combine both my personal (Sprint) and work(ATT) numbers on to a single device.

I made the mistake of trying to migrate all of my settings from my old blackberry to the new one. Sooo that was the first factory reset I had to do.
    Re-loaded all of my applications again, and started trying to use GPS apps like flickr and google maps. Ended up resetting to factory default a few times in the process of troubleshooting trying to get both of these apps to work correctly(never did). Thought I was running a fairly vanilla config on my curve, turns out I was wrong. Spent another hour finding and changing all of the relevent settings.

Application Issues

flickr application will not do geotagging.
    google maps will not work with the GPS.
    Higher resolution screen made some of the games I had on my curve look ugly(oh darn)
    Sprint Nav software was a bit slow on getting a satellite lock. Telenav is either faster or I just don't notice it because the woman's voice isn't nearly as annoying.

Hardware "issues"
    The battery door seems a bit loose and I can occasionally hear it moving around when I'm typing.

I've given up trying to get Google Maps working and just deal with not having that nice shiny app available. As for Flickr, I've fallen back to using the built in Geotagging functionality to the camera and uploading the pictures without using the Flickr geotagging functions. This requires me to later log on to flickr and manually Geotag based off of EXIF(??) data uploaded with the picture.

Blackberry 9630 About:
    v4.7.1.40 (Platform 4.1.0.40)

Apps currently installed:
    BBWeather
    edocrab
    Enhanced GMail Plug-In
    Facebook
    Flickr
    Handango Inhand
    I Love Blackberry
    KeePassBB
    TeleNav GPS Navigator
    Viigo
    Yelp

After 3 weeks I am happy with my tour it is an overall solid device, the improved camera is a nice feature. And I notice a huge speed difference in applications like Facebook and Yelp.
    10-05-09 02:27 PM
    Sounds like you've been having some 'fun' at least.

Dunno what the deal is with Google Maps. I've heard a few incompatability issues with the Tour, specifically, not seen a fix as yet.

Amazing the difference a few pixels makes in a game.

I was gonna Tour, but I'm waiting for the improved versions that are in the pipeline.

Glad to hear you're enjoying your Tour.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-05-09 02:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD